Why do I feel anxious, sick and worried all the time when my life is great?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone on here could give me some advice...

Im a 26 year old single girl living in a beautiful town by the sea in Spain..Ive just started a new, fantastic well paid job that has taken me to Florida and will fly me to London this Sunday before settling down in an office in Barcelona...Ive seen some amazing places so far, had some great experiences...Ive got amazing friends...an amazing supportive family back in Sheffield..Ive got my 2 dogs that I adore...and I dont do bad in the looks department so Im told...basically, my life is perfect...

So why all of a sudden do I feel constantly worried, I feel anxious and sick all the time, Ive lost my appetite, Ive suddenly developed a fear of flying when Ive flown all over the world on my own since I was 18...but most of the time I dont even know why I feel like I do, because theres absolutely nothing wrong with my life? Sometimes I worry about irrational things and have this overwhelming feeling that something bad is going to happen anyday now, and I know it sounds morbid but I even worry about dying, wondering if Im going to see my next birthday, if Ill live to have kids of my own, if Ill ever see my parents and sisters again etc etc

Ive just started a new job, Im looking for a new house, Ive been travelling alot lately so Im thinking maybe all these new changes could add to it...but my life has always been like that...moving from city to country to house to job..2 years ago I upped and left for Spain on my own with a few grand in my back pocket with no idea where I would go or what I would do and I revelled in it!!!

Whats changed? Any advice from anybody who understands this or feels the same? Any tips?

Thankyou!

I sometimes feel like this from time to time, its an anxiety issue. I genuinely think there are too many choices and stresses in modern day life and too many demands on our time that people 30 years ago never had..I have also, like yourself, moved around a lot, starting when I was 7 years old which definately leads to feelings of insecurity and a feeling that things may 'end' at any time.

All I can say is, its important to find ways to de-stress and put life into perspective, having a healthy internal dialogue, keeping physically fit, surround yourself with positive people, limit time with negative people are ways of staying happy and to keep moving forward.

I think thats exactly it, there's too many choices and demands on our time, am I put myself under pressure thinking that theres a million things I should be doing..and its true that from moving around a lot, I am sort of waiting for this "chapter" of my life to end which makes me insecure.

I just hate the thought of having to "get myself through" life because life isnt something we should be "getting through", its something that is finate and could end anytime so we should be grabbing it with both hands..thats what I want to do and get rid of this feeling..Im going to revise my list of goals this year and move forward..

Thanks alot..really helped :)

Time to find a local CBT provider. I was considerably older than you with my life at a high point, kids settled, wife happy, enough money coming in to create a nice life and put some aside and I adored my job. Then wham I was exactly the same as you, woke up in a hotel one morning and couldn't face the day. Had to ring through and arrange all sorts of cover for my schedule then try and drive home from Newcastle on Tyne. Long story short it took 3 months sat at home like a zombie before I could go back to work. I am not qualified to tell you why you feel the way you do but the CBT guy I saw over a period of months was. He was great but I still have the odd bad day where I have some of the symptoms you describe.

I think thats exactly it, there's too many choices and demands on our time, am I put myself under pressure thinking that theres a million things I should be doing..and its true that from moving around a lot, I am sort of waiting for this "chapter" of my life to end which makes me insecure.

I just hate the thought of having to "get myself through" life because life isnt something we should be "getting through", its something that is finate and could end anytime so we should be grabbing it with both hands..thats what I want to do and get rid of this feeling..Im going to revise my list of goals this year and move forward..

Thanks alot..really helped :)

Im happy to help, you are not alone in feeling like this! thats a good motto 'to live each day like its your last' and i dont mean just partying and stuff..actually smelling the roses in life.:)

... or it could be hormonal

If you're absolutely certain you're not pregnant (which may have been one explanation), it could still be your hormones protesting at you not yet being in the family way, and encouraging you to settle down or nest

As it's such a quick fix, try taking evening primrose capsules for a week and see if you still feel the same way

There are also vitamins (can never remember if it's B6 or B12) which a deficiency of will make you feel like this

Lack of B12 can make you feel like that, pernicocious anemia (sp?) I suffer with it in pregnancy. I'd ask for a FBC with B12 screen from your Doctor. Multivitamins can help, as well as some breathing exercises

and without wishing to alarm you, those are also symptoms of polycystic ovary syndrome (sp?), which plays havoc with your hormones

I would def investigate this peewee. I had similar thing and eventually managed to explore what was going on using EFT, NLP and Hynotherapy which all helped to explore the things that set my anxiety off and were it was coming from ..so to speak.

Also, it does sound that you may be experiencing some adrenal issues. These glands aren't releasing their hormones optimally, people will not feel well. Anxiety is a common symptom.

I am a NHS mental health worker, if there are no underlying physical problems identified by your GP sounds like you could do with some advice about your options to help manage your anxiety psychologically with advice and support also from your GP. I think it would be helpful for you to learn about stress and how this affects you personally day to day. Stress can not only be caused by current pressures of daily living but also by unresolved distressing experiences from our past which may still need to be worked through. Our individual style of thinking can also affect how we interact with life such as whether you see a glass half full or half empty. If you see the glass as half empty your interaction with an experience or a person is likely to be a lot more stressful than the person who sees the glass half full. There are many different psychological models that can help, CBT is a model that can be used very quickly in helping to cope day to day but doesn't look in depth at the past. Find out about whats available, I'm sure you'd find something to suit you. Good luck!

Maybe you miss that significant other in your life?

U put on the top of the list that you were single, is that what bothers you?

It can be, I have a friend who has a lovely house, nice posh car, good job, lovely familly, lots of friends..perfect life but she is on "happy pills" because she is single for a while now.

I teach anxiety management. There are a lot of different treatments which can help, but i'd probably start with a service called IAPT which has free CBT therapists you can access through NHS. You can get a referral through your GP or you can self refer. There number will be on the internet. They provide cogntive behavioural therapy, counselling and referral or signposting you to other agencies which you may find helpful. After saying that when these new things in your life become more normal your symptoms may calm down anyway. Things like exercise, eating healthy and being kind to yourself doing nice things you enjoy in general will also help. Good luck!!