Sign in to follow this  

GYM/WEIGHTLOSS FRIEND NEEDED (woodseats S8 area)

Edited by SUGARPLUMKIN

Hi sugarplumkin,

If you have a lot of weight to loose I personally would avoid the gym for the first couple of months as you will do yourself as much good just by walking every day, just build it up slowly (so walk to the bottom and road and back for the first week, then add extra on every week) and decide were you are going to walk to every day. It is nice to get out and about and you will see people too!

Woodseats is a 30 minute walk from quite a few gyms so I would build your walking up so you could walk to the gym and back and when you can do that comfortably then join the gym :) I have found that going with friends just makes it harder as you have to both work around when you are free and if one decides not to go or cancel you give in too!

Aqua aerobics is really good fun and there is people that are all shapes, ages and sizes. It's good as you work at your own rate and it is a bit of a laugh. The one at Heeley baths or Graves Leisure centre would be great for you. I used to go when I snapped the ligaments in my ankle and had a bad back but still wanted to do some sort of excerise as I could not run or play netball.

Good Luck.

Edited by Evei