Oil free body moisturiser

Can anyone recommend any oil-free moisturiser for the body, not the face.

I am very spot prone on my arms especially so do not want to use any products with oil.

I have googled searched and can't really find anything.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks xxx

pure aloe vera gel :)

holland and barret

Spot prone arms can be a sign of Vitamin d deficiency.

Seconded Aloe Vera gel here.

well I didn't know that! anybody know what the sources of vit D are?

Not oil free, but really quite low oil content for a moisturiser and very calming to inflamed skin- Aveeno cream. The biggest active ingredient is oat mucilage, which is really calming and gentle on the skin, and the whole Aveeno range is prescribed by doctors for people who can't use a cream with petrochemicals or synthetic products in it.

The best source of vitamin D is your own skin :) We make our own vitamin D by sitting in strong sunlight.

If you want to help your body out a bit without getting outdoors then oily fish, beef liver, whole eggs and fish liver oils are natural sources of vitamin D.

well I didn't know that! anybody know what the sources of vit D are?

The sun is the main one, many scientists believe that the majority of people in countries like England are deficient because of our short days in winter. Then we stick loads of suncream on in the summer so our skin never gets chance to absorb enough. Food wise, it is added to cereal, margarine and soya milk (just looked on our new vegan fridge chart just to add to Medusa's list) but it is probably better to supplement. Some people believe Vit D deficiency in winter is why colds and flus thrive so well.

Go and see Amy at Pure Enough on Banner Cross (opposite Huntingtower Road). She has a range of natural skincare products including body moisturisers - and loads of good advice to give. There is a bonus for Vegans - the great majority of products are suitable for them.

Maxyross- all 4 of your posts have been promoting the same person, which counts as spam.

Please stop dredging up old threads to post spam on and you may get to keep your account long enough to post other things too.

Maxyross- all 4 of your posts have been promoting the same person, which counts as spam.

Please stop dredging up old threads to post spam on and you may get to keep your account long enough to post other things too.

Please accept my apologies. I am new to the forum and didn't see the dates when I searched for Eczema. I just thought that there were a lot of poor people out there who needed help with their condition. Maybe I got a bit too evangelical.

Apologies once more.