Clare Nasir - How did she do it?

I am stunned by the photos of a once flabby newsreader who looks fantastic within a space of a few weeks. As predicted, looks like she's saving the details for a DVD because I cannot find anywhere what kind of diet she followed - apart from doing a "gruelling" exercise regime. Does anyone have any info. on the diet she followed?

Cheers

A bit of a fat person thinking about Christmas

Looks like she has just excerised with a personal trainer and stuck to calories controlled diet for the past 5 months. She looks like she has lost more than 2 stone, but if your only 5ft tall, 2 stone will make a hell of a differance :hihi: She does look much better though and shows you that anyone can do it if they put their mind to it!

If you excerise for an hour a day and eat 1500 calories you will loose about 2 pounds a week. 2 pounds a week over 15 weeks is 30 pounds, so there is more than 2 stone :)

The biggest mistake people make when losing weight is thinking it is a short term thing. To see a differance you need to stick with it for months. I'm 2 months in and 1 stone 4 pounds lighter for it with a BMI of 22.8, I'm aiming for another 1/2 stone so expect to hit this sometime mid January as I'm going to up calories to maintain over the Christmas period :)

Diets are not rocket science, there is no magic diet or excerise (I wish there was :hihi:). Just less calories and a mixture of aerobic (aim for 400 calories burnt a day) and weights.

Edited by Evei

Evei

Hi, Sounds like you are doing really well. You must have an iron will! By the amount you have lost I guess you are eating less than 1400 calories a day - I would like to know as I am working out what I could lose before Christmas and then how long it would take to achieve my target weight afterwards. I need to lose 10lb in total.

Did you work out your own exercise plan and did you rule out any foods? Sorry lots of questions but I'm not sure where to start. :|

Sancocho

Evei

Hi, Sounds like you are doing really well. You must have an iron will! By the amount you have lost I guess you are eating less than 1400 calories a day - I would like to know as I am working out what I could lose before Christmas and then how long it would take to achieve my target weight afterwards. I need to lose 10lb in total.

Did you work out your own exercise plan and did you rule out any foods? Sorry lots of questions but I'm not sure where to start. :|

Sancocho

I eat about 1200 calories a day then I earn another 400 calories a day via excerise, so in total I get roughly 1600 a day. I don't rule out any foods, but when you only have 1600 calories a day you go for more filling foods rather than chocolate :hihi: Today I have had porridge made with water and raisins, thick lentil and vegetable soup with 2 slices of bread, and for dinner 4 low fat sausage, cauliflower cheese, brocolli spears and asparagus.

It is not advised to go below 1100 calories a day whatever size you are so if you are very close to ideal weight and are small it may not be possible to loose 2 pounds a week as you can't safely make the calorie difference.

It's 4 weeks till christmas so maxium healthy loss would be 8 pounds. I use this website: http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk ( you get a free day but it costs to join) I like the flexibilty of being able to eat whatever I want and organising my own meals, I've tried other diet sites and diet clubs and I find them too restrictive for me. I like how I can do more excerise to earn more calories so I can eat more!

I started running using the Couch to 5K programme (google it) and also joined the gym and tend to do a class 4 times a week and play netball once a week.

Edited by Evei

Evei

Many thanks for replying - I have started today and will be dusting off the exercise bike. I am not so keen as to run outside in these temperatures I'm afraid!

Thanks again

Sancocho :)

Yea my girlfriend was eating less than 1200 calories and she wasn't well after a few days.

whats all this countin calories crap!....3 proper meals a day at the right times..and a couple hours excersize......thats all it takes.

whats all this countin calories crap!....3 proper meals a day at the right times..and a couple hours excersize......thats all it takes.

Shut up moron! You only eat cause her indoors cooks for you so you wouldnt know what everyone is on about ;)

Shut up moron! You only eat cause her indoors cooks for you so you wouldnt know what everyone is on about ;)

shurrup you and get yersen of to mcdonalds...............Stalker :hihi:

shurrup you and get yersen of to mcdonalds...............Stalker :hihi:

Me? Stalker? Because I turned up at your house this morning and had 2 coffees didnt I? Oh no, that was thee!

Next time you invite me down then I WONT BOTHER....no matter how much you beg!

:hihi: unfortunately I actually do the excerise and the three meals a day thing but then like to eat my weight in chocolate too :suspect:

Edited by Evei