Irrational dislike of certain words

There are certain words I just dont like. No particular reason. I just hate the words and they irritate me when I see them.

Top of the list is:

hubby

What a horrible thing to call the one you love!

followed by

numpty

Where did this come from all of a sudden?

baulk

gip (pronounced with a g as in git)

.... there are more but Ive forgotten them. Anybody else have this irrational hate of certain words?

'sheffield' and 'wednesday' in the same sentance and next to each other!!! ;)

predictable i know :D

Originally posted by alysonpeach

Top of the list is:

hubby

What a horrible thing to call the one you love!

I so HATE that word............it's patronising and very childish..........also the word BEAKER drives me insane......and then there is Juxtaposition..................:rant: :rant:

I hate the word 'nuclear' but mostly because many people can't even pronounce it properly and end up saying 'nuculer'. What's that all about ?!!!

The same with the word 'mischievous'. Many people say 'mischIEvIous', and that is totally wrong and winds me up no end.

Even the word 'something' irritates the hell out of me when someone says 'somethink'. Drives me up the wall.

My next door neighbour says 'bockles' instead of 'bottles'. God almighty, are these words so hard to pronounce???!!!

Anyway, rant over.

I hate being called Mrs...... I'm divorced but still get called that and Ms sounds so stupid when you say it.

For obvious reasons the word Chav seriously winds me up... I just wish certain people on here would get a grip about it FFS! :rant:

And as for calling ME one purely for the fact that I come from S6, that is so retarded it doesn't even merit a response.. :rant::loopy:

Originally posted by Rich

For obvious reasons the word Chav seriously winds me up... I just wish certain people on here would get a grip about it FFS! :rant:

And as for calling ME one purely for the fact that I come from S6, that is so retarded it doesn't even merit a response.. :rant::loopy:

To be fair, you do seem to respond to it, though. Quite a lot.

Significant other

Twenty four seven

LOL

Awesome

Originally posted by Babooshka

[

My next door neighbour says 'bockles' instead of 'bottles'. God almighty, are these words so hard to pronounce???!!!

Anyway, rant over. [/b]

What about

hospickle

or ternimus instead of terminus

or Chimley instead of chimney

Originally posted by dawny1

I hate being called Mrs...... I'm divorced but still get called that and Ms sounds so stupid when you say it.

I get that too.

Ive reverted to Miss and delight in saying Miss everytime they call me Mrs. Just because youre a certain age they either cant believe the information they have written in front of them or cant be bothered to ask.

When people say sikth instead of sixth.....

Asda had an ad. running where they said they had received an award for the sikth year running. It made me clench my teeth and shut my eyes when it came on.....I was really pleased when they won it for the seventh year running.

:hihi:

I have to confess I do find it annoying when people say

"Literally"

and then go on to use a metaphor, e.g. "It was literally raining cats and dogs".