The low GI diet and PCOS

I have been doing some research looking for a diet that can help manage the symptoms of PCOS and the low GI diet seems to be coming out on top.

I'm primarily wanting to use this diet to loose weight and hopefully become pregnant naturally.

So, does any one have any experience of the diet? has it been a success? any advice would be welcome...

Hi redstripe

I didn't use the GI diet but I did find that losing weight helped regulate my non-existant cycles and promoted natural ovulation.

I also tried taking Soy supplements (supposed to be a natural Clomid) which worked wonders for me but it's not recommended by health professionals.

Have a look on the Verity website for more information and support, and good luck!

Can't help with the diet but my sister in law started taking Agnus Castus. Within 2 months she said she felt a lot better and then became pregnant. I have heard a lot of good things about Agnus Castus and would always recommend it. She is in labour whilst I type this actually :D

Thanks, i have a list of "health supplements" that are supposed to help. I shall do some reading on the two you've mentioned now as well.

I'm seeing a doctor on friday so i'll ask about all the options although i think the advice will be loose weight so i'm concentrating on that as i'm not that big (size 14/16) so hopefully it's possible to achieve. We're not actively trying at the moment, just trying to get in the best shape possible.

And Jess hope all is well with your new addition to the family and its very reassuring to know it has happened to other people :)

Hi, a low GL diet is definitely a good call as PCOS and blood sugar problems go hand in hand. A low GL diet will help maintain balanced blood sugar levels.

All the best with it!