What Prehistoric Animal Would You Bring Back?

ok, lets say you have 3 choices. What would you bring back?

Enteladont.

it is just such an unusual creature.

a 7 foot high pig with jaws that could crush anything at all and 1 feet long teeth with a vicious dispostion.

These creatures fought with anything that moved often including themselves.

Carcharodon Megalodon

A true seagoing monster, the enormous great white shark Carcharodon megalodon probably reached lengths of 40 feet or more. Six-inch teeth of this behemoth, some the size of daggers, are common fossils in 5-million to 25-million-year-old strata. Its teeth have been found on both sides of North America and in many other parts of the world. Most modern great white sharks are less then half the size of megalodon.

SEISMOSAURUS

This is probably the longest and perhaps the largest dinosaur, with an estimated length close to 50 m (163 ft), It dwarfed T-rex. Because of the huge size and the rocks in which it was found, this animal took 13 years to excavate.

If I could choose 4 then number 4 would be....

Gigantopithecus Blacki

This massive Ape like creature stood 10ft tall (3m)

Lived 700,000 years ago - 125,000 years ago

Largely based on fossil teeth found throughout China.

Fairly well-known choice mine - mammoth. Only because the only phrase I know in Welsh is 'Mind the mammoth' and I'd like, for a change, to put it to some use :)

Dragonflies with 80cm wingspans

freshwater plesiosaur type for loch ness tourist industry

Trilobites

I wouldn't bring any of them back, what use are they anyhow? Too big, too dangerous,too daft.

Make more sense to bring back the Mediterranean climate there was in Britain aeons ago, as it is too cold and damp for me here, pain, arthritis, rheumatics,flu, not funny.

Gobal warming ,don't make me laugh I'm colder now than I have ever been. I don't need scientist's to tell me how many degrees warmer it is I can feel it in my bones.

Spot on with our weather Hal. I go fishing quite often and it's more cold and wet than sunbathing. We could do with a touch of global warming in Sheffield.I think perhaps I would bring some prehistoric fish back they would liven things up on our local ponds.

I'm afraid much of the thinking on global warming predicts a global increase in average temperature, but our climate may actually get a lot colder first.

Some people believe that even a small increase in global average temperature could cause the Atlantic Conveyor to slow down or stop, which would bring an end to the gulf stream and the warm waters that give us a relatively warm winter for our latitude.

Keep the UK Temperate! At least we don't have to deal with termites, cockroaches the size of computer mice, tropical diseases and overwhelming humidity.

Mick Jagger, oops, sorry, he hasn't gone yet has he?

Bring back Maggy Thatcher - She had most of the attributes of Lickszz three choices - I'll duck now - and go into the bunker.

Hi BRG,

I'm not a fisherman but we were at Barlow fisheries the other night and it was gorgeous, the sun was out and lots of fishermen were there.

We watched one pull out a three pound bream, a magnificient fish, but he had to throw it straight back because of the rules.

It was so lovely being there, peace and quiet, beautifull surroundings, I fancy doing a spot of fishing myself but the tackle is expensive and I don't think my ladyfriend would stand for it. (Dont want to lose my cooked dinner ) Ha Ha.

Hal Evans.

Hal.

Iv'e never fished at Barlow it sounds ok.

Yes the first rule of fishing [well it's my first rule] is don't upset your wife/girl friend by going. A hot meal is allways very welcome on your return.

Phanerothyme has agood point about the British climate.I don't think I would change it. 8)

Betty Rubble! :D

I hear she's a bit of an animal between teh sheets!

Sorry Mods, I know that wasn't particularly "family-proof" :D

Betty Rubble! :D

I hear she's a bit of an animal between teh sheets!

Why not focus your energy on something human?