Sign in to follow this  

Electronic sign?

Just before Christmas the pavement was dug up outside my pub and what looks like an electronic sign was installed. It looks like one of those signs that has a sensor to tell off motorists about something (speeding, using the bus lane....), the only thing is that it has never done anything since it was put there. Motorists still speed and people still use the bus lanes so what was the point of putting the useless monstrosity there?

Originally posted by Classic Rock

.....so what was the point of putting the useless monstrosity there?

To give you something to moan about on here maybe? :)

I think it's one of the new car park signs that tell you if they're full or not, but it's not working:rolleyes:

Good old council;)

is it tall with a bulb on top.......prob just a lamp post ;-)

It could be an informational sign for occasional use. Eg "huge crater spontaneously appeared so don't turn left"

Why don't you open the back of it, poke a few of your own wires inside and use it to advertise this week's exciting promotions in your pub?

Get a huge picture of the gingers before and after they get their beards cut and program it in:thumbsup:

Some remarkably good ideas here, your talents are wasted!

It looks like it's going to be one of those signs that shouts 'STOP' or 'SLOW DOWN', lots of LEDs in it. There's a box next to it at the side of the pavement for controls. But it just stands there. Doing nothing.

It looks like it's going to be one of those signs that shouts 'STOP' or 'SLOW DOWN', lots of LEDs in it. There's a box next to it at the side of the pavement for controls. But it just stands there. Doing nothing.

I had to go to the top of this thread to remind myself what it was all about. I thought I'd drifted into a Design ideas for an android pub landlord/lady

Stop. Slow down. Just stands there. Doing nothing. I've been in that pub many a time.:D :D

:nono: That's not me :nono:

Now did I say it was? Mind you, if the cap fits ......;)

It probably going to say you are now leaving [banned E word].