Peter Falconio murder - Is it what it seems?

I'm just wondering if other people feel the same as me about this Peter Falconio murder. I get the distinct feeling we are not being told the truth by his girlfriend. I would go as far as to say I don’t trust her version of events.

The location, evidence and motive all seem suspect to me not to mention the fact she was having an affair with another man at the time and can’t say how she got from the front to the back of the truck.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I being over suspicious?

Strangely enough, when this first happened and she was on the news, it struck me that her body-language and attitude towards the missing/murdered? boyfriend just didn't ring true somehow... So no, It's not just you! ;)

Agreed - I remember feeling the same way when the story originally broke.

If you saw the footage of her going to court on day one (Monday?), she looked too calm/relaxed, almost as though she was diong nothing more important than nipping to the corner shop.

I guess we will have to see how the case pans out.

When It first happened and she was on the news, I thought she looked very suspicious.

Hmmmmmmmm Yes Serapis, I agree with you. There is far more to this than meets the eye. Having read a fair amount about the case, i wouldn't trust her as far as i could throw her. Was his disappearance staged? After all, no body has ever been found, or was it premeditated murder? I found the tracker's testimonies interesting..........:loopy: :loopy:

Having done jury service and seen press reporting about one of the cases that I was on the jury for, I can tell you that the press resporting shows only a very small portion (and at that a very skewed small portion) of what's presented in court. All crimes are a lot more complicated than is presented in the media.

The only way that I would feel qualified to comment on issues such as this is if I was present, and paid attention, for every moment of the court case. People show stress in many different ways, and traumatised witnesses are routinely prescribed sedatives like valium to make things a little easier during press conferences and court cases, so that may account for how calm she appears.

I will wait to hear the jury's verdict before I allow myself to decide on the veracity of her statements based on a few minutes of press coverage.

My wife commented on how 'prim and proper' she was dressed on the day of the first hearing. She does appear to be dressing in a fashion that seems to me to be incompatible with her body language and the rumours circulating regarding the fact that she had had a 'fling' whilst downunder.

You're not alone in your thoughts, serapis. I think she's a calculative lady and there's a whole lot more to her than meets the eye.

(The words 'convenient' and 'opportunity' won't leave my mind when I think of Mr Falconio's death.)

I too am suspicious about her and I am quite good at sussing people as MikeySpikey knows I guessed who the Summerbay Stalker was! :D

Something doesn't add up I wish they would find the body - that may help sovle the mystery.

I agree that there is a bit of a funny smell about this one...

Joanne Lees made false claims in court that she wasn't having an affair, until incontrovertible evidence was presented to her. Not a reliable person. She also claimed that Murdoch set off looking for her with a dog; no paw prints were found.

In addition, there's no body, no footprints, and no tyremarks, and there are claims that a man befitting Falconio's appearance and accent was seen alive a week later.

And yet, the DNA evidence points to Murdoch.

It's all a bit Hollywood.

Originally posted by medusa666

Having done jury service and seen press reporting about one of the cases that I was on the jury for, I can tell you that the press resporting shows only a very small portion (and at that a very skewed small portion) of what's presented in court. All crimes are a lot more complicated than is presented in the media.

The only way that I would feel qualified to comment on issues such as this is if I was present, and paid attention, for every moment of the court case. People show stress in many different ways, and traumatised witnesses are routinely prescribed sedatives like valium to make things a little easier during press conferences and court cases, so that may account for how calm she appears.

I will wait to hear the jury's verdict before I allow myself to decide on the veracity of her statements based on a few minutes of press coverage.

Aren't you meant to avoid any reporting of a case you are a member of the Jury for?

Anyway, we are all entitled to our opinion, especially in this instance, where it carries no weight.

It is interesting to see that no-one has leapt to the defence of the muderous wench (joke!!!)

:D

Unfortunately her body language and fake "deep breaths" she takes to make it look as tho' she is trying to compose herself only make her look as tho' she does indeed know something that we don't, which in turn only makes us think that something is suss about the case :rolleyes:

I do agree. However I do think that this is the way that the media have decided to portray her, as just after the murder she was under suspicion. It is a case of wait and see. Remember not everyone can act naturally when they have several TV cameras in their face.