Can anyone recommend a good (cheap) vet?

i have just phoned our local vets for my kittens first injections and was told £46!!!

plus more to have her wormed,

does anyone know of any good not rip off vets, i dont work but i am willing to pay for her injections shes my pet etc,but cant manage that.

Originally posted by julie23

i have just phoned our local vets for my kittens first injections and was told £46!!!

plus more to have her wormed,

does anyone know of any good not rip off vets, i dont work but i am willing to pay for her injections shes my pet etc,but cant manage that.

vets arnt cheap. I would just go with your local one. is it part of a veterinary group. my local one is part of the goddard group

find an old aged pensioner ask them to take your pet to the pdsa, your pet will be injected for a small fee nowhere near £46

in fact i feel sure you can use these people youself if youre out of work. :thumbsup:

i no vets arnt cheap,but i think thats expensive,the local vets are just a one off not in a group,

i dont no any pensioners,lol,

try crookes and partners they are cheap thats where we go:thumbsup:

there is a excellent vets in chesterfield and very cheap as well, they are called spires vets. if you have a car pm me and il give you directions. ive used this vet for 14 years now and he is the most honest and reliable vet going. hope this helps louise

can recommend spires,good vet with good prices - however allow 60 - 90 minutes to be seen.

pdsa can see to your pets if you are receiving benefits.

they also accept donations if any kindhearted souls would like to contribute.

PDSA attend to sick pets if youre on Housing Benefit, but they still charge for vaccinations, regardless of your status. They didnt used to do vaccinations, but now they do, I know this because they sent me a letter advertising this. However, they may still be cheaper than the average vet.

Why not ring around? I used to use one in Chesterfield as they were much cheaper and you always got seen if you just turned up. This may not be the case anymore as it is years since I used them. They were on St Johns Rd Newbold ... Not very convenient for the majority of Sheffielders I know!

Saying you get a pet you pay the price is irrelevant to many people. Anyone can fall on hard times, and may have acquired their pet when times were better. Julie should be commended for the fact she wants to do the responsible thing and get her cat vaccinated.

Julie, I hope you get things sorted. Think about getting him or her neutered too ... you may be able to get this done at low cost or free through certain agencies ... I think from time to time RSPCA or PDSA advertises this service. Can anyone add to this?

Originally posted by MarkB

You get a pet, you pay the price. Price shouldn't mean anything when it comes to your pets!

Yeah but why pay more than necessary :confused:

I think she's doing a sensible thing finding somewhere a little cheaper - though don't forget, it's the care that matters most so if you do find somewhere that's cheaper but you're not totally happy with the way they treat your kitten then go elsewhere.

Animals can be costly so save as much money as you can :P

sorry forgot to say - I go to Hallam Vets on Holme Lane.

They're not terribly cheap but cheaper than that - I think my dog's injections were around 30 pounds. And the care is really good.