Partly desended testicles.

Hi all,

We have a 18 week old Dogue De Bordeaux dog who is doing really well in the show ring, he is eligible for champ shows from december and i have high hopes for him, however, his testicles are only partly desended and this is going to prove tricky.

I know the "cut off" point for them dropping is fastly approaching and although i am massaging them down on a daily basis nothing much is happening at the minute.

Is there any techniques you guys know of which might speed up the process.

Thanks

Ask a vet? If the testicle/s are retained they may never come down

Vets are most likely to want to operate to descend it. Have you asked the breeder? They might know of a trick or two

I have spoken to the vet about it and he says that there is an operation that can be performed if the testicles wont drop down down any further but it is not some thing i want to do for the sake of a showring.

Its a bit of a problem because he is true to type in everyway and an outstanding example of the breed.

lol massinging him, braver person than i am massaging his gonads lol,good luck to yax

we had a german shepherd who`s nuts never dropped