Hair damage from straightners

I've got the kind of hair thats not straight or wavy its in a bob style and looks terrible if not had straightners run through it - i have highlights which doesn't help the damage problem - my fringe is now very dried out and frizzy please can anyone recommend a good hair product to help?

I swear by John Freida Miracle Friss-ease that comes in a purple and grey tub. It can cost over a fiver but I always buy in bulk as it's often on special offer in the supermarkets or boots.

Smells lush and if you use it twice a week you will really notice the difference.

You can leave it on for about 1 - 2 minutes as a normal conditioner or leave it in for longer as a treatment treat.

Let me know if you try it!

You want to try the The Body Shops moisture Hair Butter! I use it all the time as I get exactly the same thing, it is a brilliant treatment to use once a week/fortnight!

Btw... I am a Body Shop at Home Consultant, so you could get you this product for free plus much more if you wanted a pamper evening with your friends :)

Anyway good luck with whatever you try, Becky

Label M - deep conditioning treatment - you can buy it from Toni and Guy, it's about £15 and it's a fab product.

best thing you can do is buy the most expensive conditioner you can afford wash you hair put loads on an dry it in with a hairdryer an leave it for as long as u can (over night is good) but rinse it out an use a little bit more, rinse out again that will help but you really need 2 change the way you straighten your hair or you will constantly have the same problem an the only real way 2 get it healthy is 2 cut it off

Have you tried using a product that encourages curl, and to allow it to dry naturally?

I use (variously) vo5 leave in conditioner (they do/have done a couple of different variations on the same theme) and their 1 minute miracle rescue. Boots own coconut spray conditioner, vo5 spray conditioner, TiGi spray and shine (?). Hot oil treatment made my hair greasy. I used to like the schwartzkopv creme too

Use a deep conditioning treatment once a week, and a leave-in the rest of the time

Choose a really mild shampoo, or better still, wash in beer (yes, I've done that too, regularly)

My latest trick is to ponytail my hair and just wash the roots so the ends aren't being stripped unnecessarily, then do a proper wash just once a week

As mentioned above, give the heating appliances a miss if you value your hair, or if you really must, choose one which will administer steam as they're much kinder to your hair with more effective results

Henna Wax Conditioner is good, I buy from Morrisons as my hair is long and bleached and heat damaged. It's great you wash and towel dry your hair, then put it on your hair and wrap a towel around it and leave for a bit then wash off! It's cheap too it's only about £2

i agree with new2you, cheapest option and it does work!