What alternative therapies have you tried?

I've been having Amatsu recently and have found it amazing. Really sorted my back out. Just wondered what treatments other people have had and what the results were?

Plenty!

In the past I've had reflexology, chiropractic, osteopathy, both cranial and regular, homeopathy, TCM and a bit of shiatsu.

Currently having intermittent acupuncture and TCM which has helped me enormously through some challenging times.

Another important thing for me was having the amalgam removed from my teeth. Not a therapy, I know, but I consider it an investment in the future of my wellbeing and health. (Maybe worth a separate thread GL?!!)

Hi There, As a therapist myself I've tried many different complementery therapies from metamorphic technique to "The Balance Procedure TBP" we offer many different therapies at The Academy of Spiritual Knowledge (ASK) and we are currently developing a vibrational healing system which combine colour, sound an aromatherapy. My speciality is Golden Ray Angelic Healing. you can sample it at our Christmas with the angels workshop on 5th Dec. :)

Ive found acupuncture to be the most effective.:)

Reflexology every two weeks is my treat and wouldn't change it for the world, I love it.

I'm getting popcorn for this one.

I've tried acupuncture, which might have been fine but I itched like mad afterwards.

I have taken a course in Reiki and the self healing aspect has really helped me.

I have also tried herbal remedies and bach flower remedies but I don't like the fact that they use alcohol in them.

Real Ale...:D
well it's good for washing your hair in :rolleyes:

As a therapist, obviously I recommend an extended deeply relaxing swedish style massage....

It's a real treat :)

I have also tried herbal remedies and bach flower remedies but I don't like the fact that they use alcohol in them.

You don't have to take them as a tincture. Herbal teas can work as well as the tincture and have no alcohol. Also, the best thing is, you can make it yourself from herbs and other plants in the garden often.

As a therapist myself, I would recommend my Acupressure Facial. This is similar to reflexology and used to stimulate reflex points on your face which will help to improve skin tone, muscles, removes toxins and is extremely relaxing. Read some of my feedback at http://www.karmaromatherapy.co.uk