What sort of fisherman are you?

Well i say fisherman but im female and have to say it's my favourite way to spend my weekends!

My partner Liam1984 has been trying for many many months to pull out a cat from aston whereas i like to sit with my pole and always seem to pull out lovely big carp (apparently it my womanly smell and nothing to do with my fishing abilities )

He has also purchased a fly fishing set, now that is a art! i think i would get myself wrapped up in the line if i tried to cast out but i love to sit and watch, although no trout has been daft enough to have a nibble yet...

I have been going to Barlow ponds at chesterfield as there is a toilet, cafe and lots of very big carp, plus some nice tench and barbel, my last visit had me hook 3 big stonking carp but they all came off, safe to say coming home with a dry net is pretty depressing!

anyway back to my question... pole, rod, fly??? what do you enjoy more and why?

Kate x

I have a Shimano margin pole,but much prefer feeder fishing with hair rig pellet.

Hiya Kate, i am a fisher woman, myself and my partner go up to barlow with our daughter usually every tuesday, & sometimes on wednesdays

i prefer rod and reel - would like to have a go at fly fishing tho,

i nearly had a nice carp in the 2nd pond but it snapped my line! i now ihave stronger line on, had some very nice barbel out of there too & my partner had 4 really nice carp out of the 1st pond the other week,

i havnt been catching much lately :-( going to change the bait im using i think

i generally used to be on the float, but now i like the use a bomb and hair rigs

can cast further out and get more bait around the hook,

Glad to see another lady! i have never had a carp from the second pond, although i have seen some monsters come out... i always get barbel or the odd bream from that one.

Every time I have caught carp it has been with sweetcorn, not sure why but can never catch them with any other bait, but just up the road from me at swallownest there is a tackle shop (6am tackle) who sell "bacon paste" and whenever i use this i usually get a fish on.

i like to mix it up with my baits but my fella makes his own jelly pellets and it's amazing to see different flavours produce different fish.. i havent been fishing in a good few weeks (just gave birth 2 weeks ago) and im dying to get down there!

Pole man myself,but when im feeling idle,or its too windy,you cant beet the feeder rod.

I dont mind fishing for the bigger fish (carp) but im not into all the camping out in bivys and all the buzz bar milarky.

I dont mind fishing for the bigger fish (carp) but im not into all the camping out in bivys and all the buzz bar milarky.

if you fancy catching bigger fish try pike or barbel fishing you wont look back...carp fishing soon gets boring as there isnt much fight in them unless you go for the ones on the canals...for some reason they give a right fight of..unlike the big tame ones on the fisheries