How can I GAIN weight - and not by eating donuts

Hi forumers

I've had a pretty horrible stressful few months, and being very slim and petite anyway, I've lost a bit of weight. At my heaviest i've only ever been 8 stone, but i just can't seem to get back up there. When i get up i'm about 7 stone 3 then at the end of the day obviously a bit heavier, but it fluctuates and I want to get back to my healthy weight.

Does anyone know any foods which can cause weight gain fairly soon? I eat healthily and tend to snack on fruit to keep my immune system up. I also eat salad or veg with my tea. but I just don't feel hungry at the moment and am just picking at food.

I don;t do any exercise either because I fear it will make me lose weight when i'm trying to do the opposite. Also my lifestyle has changed lately and i'm getting up later which means eating later, which makes me not really fancy lunch.

Sorry if this seems self obsessed, but it's worrying me because people are starting to see that I'm getting thin and it's not nice. People think it's ok to say to a thin person 'have you lost weight'. It's as insulting as saying to a fat person 'have you put on weight' :rant:

Anyway anyone know how to gain weight quickly? xx

Pasta! Lots of! And not the wholemeal variety either!

Ok! Does pasta have enough nutrition to have it a lot? Maybe i could have it for lunch everyday? with tuna or something?

Have you tried Complan?

It's a kind of powdered nutrition drink, each sachet is about 250 cals (can double up if needed) and you can have with water or milk.

I'm much the same, if I'm ill/stressed my weight drops, so I tend to have these inbetween meals to help me bulk up again. They sell them in most supermarkets/chemists - normally with the vitamins and supplements...

Have you tried Complan?

It's a kind of powdered nutrition drink, each sachet is about 250 cals (can double up if needed) and you can have with water or milk.

I'm much the same, if I'm ill/stressed my weight drops, so I tend to have these inbetween meals to help me bulk up again. They sell them in most supermarkets/chemists - normally with the vitamins and supplements...

Hi Arula :) No I haven't tried that. Is it natural though, I don't want to take any chemicals or anything which will cause side effects.

It's rubbish isn't it, cause it takes so long to but half a stone on and a bad day or two to lose it!

;6680106']Pasta! Lots of! And not the wholemeal variety either!

This is incorrect. Pasta is 'free food' to us slimmers.This means eat as much as you want...and LOSE weight.

White flour products are a definate weight gain food for me.

White bread,

Pies.

Pancakes.

Puddings etc.

Many years ago when trying to rise above 8st, I tried 'Weight On' a powder like Complan. You were advised to drink it 3/4 times a day accompanied by a biscuit or two. Dont know if they still sell it. May be worth asking at your chemists.

I really don;t want to take those protein shakes, they are gross!

I think I need to increase my portion size too. I do eat well, just not enough. My boyfriend says I'm quite a healthy eater, maybe I need more fat in my diet!

I might try Complan for a few days to give me a boost - as long as it's not chemically, I take it it's just a replcament for my daily multivitamin I take? Thanks everyone x

Drink a gallon of milk and a gallon of beer a day, whilst continuing to eat healthily.

I dropped to below 6 stone when my first daughter was born (I'm normally 7 and a half) ... milky drinks, just eat as you are doing .. as soon as you are less stressed it will pop back on.