Sheffield Prison

I didn't catch the whole story but I am sure I heard a mention of a Sheffield Prision on the radio. It mentioned NCPM and midland station also...as if it was going to be somewhere around here.

Can anyone verify this? please tell me I was dreaming....

Does anyone have the full facts?

Hi,

I'm a student journalist at the university. I've been looking at the possibility of a Sheffield prison today, and so far I've found nothing which would suggest there will be one here. I've spoken to the home office, and other sources about it, and it seems that Sheffield is a possible consideration in the distant future. How much of one I am not sure yet. I would love to find out more, but I need to know which radio station you were listening to when you heard it? I will let you know if I find anything else. Amanda :)

There is one at Doncaster recently opened.

There is a remand home in Sheffield at Dore.

Maybe one of these????

Possibly an urban myth, but I heard they planned to turn Meadowhell into a jail, if the Shopping Centre didn't make any money.

Originally posted by "Amanda"

Hi,

I'm a student journalist at the university. I've been looking at the possibility of a Sheffield prison today, and so far I've found nothing which would suggest there will be one here. I've spoken to the home office, and other sources about it, and it seems that Sheffield is a possible consideration in the distant future. How much of one I am not sure yet. I would love to find out more, but I need to know which radio station you were listening to when you heard it? I will let you know if I find anything else. Amanda :)

I think it was Galaxy.

Is it possible it was an April Fools joke on the wireless?

Originally posted by "Andy"

Is it possible it was an April Fools joke on the wireless?

you may be right...I didn't catch the whole story, and I only started paying attention when I heard Sheffield mentioned. Unfortunately I had to switch off so never heard anything else on the matter.

Originally posted by Andy

Possibly an urban myth, but I heard they planned to turn Meadowhell into a jail, if the Shopping Centre didn't make any money.

Well it sure looks like one.

Those towers on the car park would be excellent observation/machine gun posts.

I certainly hope that a Sheffield Prison NEVER EVER comes to fruition. What a disaster for the city that would be!

We've already got a maximum security prsion at Wakefield (40min by train) and 3 prisons in Doncaster. I'm sure we don't need one here too!

Sorry to reopen an old thread folks!

I didn't catch the whole story but I am sure I heard a mention of a Sheffield Prision on the radio. It mentioned NCPM and midland station also...as if it was going to be somewhere around here.

Can anyone verify this? please tell me I was dreaming....

Does anyone have the full facts?

I've not heard anything about a prison. Where is it?

I've not heard anything about a prison. Where is it?

Maybe it will be the Doncaster Sheffield Prison.

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't this a 12 year old thread.

Edited by drolnhoj
corrected due to my maths being crap.