Should you create a life to save a life?

Interesting question I spotted on the BBC's site :wink:

Should you create a life to save a life?

:?:

depends if the created life was terminated to save the person who was about to die

Yes, because the embryo is not a human being at that stage, so it does not suffer when it is used to help a whole human to live. This is an ethical question that society has not been confronted with before, so it very difficult to decide.

On balance I should say yes, although, the truth is we don;t really know if that embryo will feel pain or not, what we do know though is, the life that need's the spare part IS suffering and if it cannot be treated any other way, then it must be right.

You can't really ever save a life, just prolong it... Maybe we've lost sight of that somehow?

In answer to the question, I don't know!

Originally posted by Snook

You can't really ever save a life, just prolong it... Maybe we've lost sight of that somehow?

In answer to the question, I don't know!

Same answer here too.....Don't know.

But an embryo has a spirit a short time after conception. Some things are nature's way of exerting population control that we seem to have lost sight of.

Creating one to save one I can't argue with, unless it would involve taking the one created, which would IMO be wrong.

But an embryo has a spirit a short time after conception.

There's no evidence that a spirit exists at all, let alone at what time after conception.