Hair salons in Sheffield

Hi,

I'm looking for a decent hair salon in Sheffield, as the one I've been going to for years has shut :cry: .

Can anyone recommend a good one? I live in Richmond and have a car so can travel to city centre or Crystal Peaks - well, just about anywhere really!

I would also love to know of any salons that do that hair straightening treatment, L'Oreal X-Tenso and if anyone has tried it I'd love to hear what it's like.

Thanks,

Kathryn

I go to a good salon in hillsborough called Robert D Salon.

Ecclesall Road has some good salons but they are expensive. That would probably be your best bet for finding that hair straightening treatment.

I know you didn't ask about straightners but I have some GHD ones and they are brill. Probably better for your hair than that treatment. they cost between £80 and £90. I don't know what I would do without mine.

I go to La Coupé next to Orchard square in town. Plus there is one on Eccy road. I just go for a standard trim n style but its a pretty stylish place me thinks.

How much roughly do La Coupe charge for a cut & blow dry? I have quite long hair if that makes a difference. Is it an intimidating place or quite friendly? And is there a particular stylist you would recommend?

Cheers, Kathryn

Originally posted by "steelblade"

I know you didn't ask about straightners but I have some GHD ones and they are brill. Probably better for your hair than that treatment. they cost between £80 and £90. I don't know what I would do without mine.

Totally with you on that one! Best thing ever. I bought mine 2 years ago when they were only £65 and had only just come out, this is because I went to Tony n Guy down south where I used to live and T n G are very cutting edge and ordered me some. I couldn't live without them now!!! I have a friend with really curly hair and she uses them and the results are amazing and it takes seconds to straighten a section of hair. She had tried hair straightning treatments and they recked her hair, and cheap hair straightners didn't do anything, just took ages and made it frizzy. Ceramic is the way to go!

So anyway, off on a tangent there....I would recommend Tony n Guy in city centre (there are two). I haven't been to them yet up here but was always pleased with my cuts at the one i did go to and they all have the same training. Has anyone else been to them here??? If so is there an art director or top stylist you'd recommend?

Hi,

I haven't replied to anyone on this site before, but when I read your request I felt I had to let you know of my discovery!

Halo on Devonshire St is fab, my hair is naturally curly and very frizzy. I went there for the first time a couple of months ago and they can blow dry it poker straight without straightening irons. I was amazed, they also do a straightening treatment too, but I haven't tried it. Its about £29 for a cut and finish. I have Janine.

Karen

THanks Karen,

I'll give them a call about the straightening treatment I think - sounds good!

Kathryn :D

Hey kathryn! :) ive been going to la coupe for 3 years - the one next to orchard square. i

ts 35 pounds for a cut,blow dry+style which is pretty steep i know but they give you a superb conditioning treatment and take ages making sure it looks right.

having v long curly hair i they make it wavy with this brill stuff called curl jam or they straighten it, taking it section by section+ blow drying it straight first, then straightening. i have julie, whose really nice (and got 10 years experience)

hope it helps! :D

has any one been to the one on eccy road? is it as good?

buy an electric set of sheers from argos youll save loads

Hi my friend Paula is opening her new salon this week. It is on Halifax Road near Hillsborough.

It will be called ONE ELEVEN HAIR it is only £16.50 for a cut and blow great price for a brilliant cut she really is good !! 0114 2215421

Edited by KELLYP

Creator on West Street is by far the best hair salon in Sheffield in my opinion. It's not too badly priced (no more than other ones in the town centre I think). Friendly staff, massaging chairs when you get your hair washed (nom nom nom) and expert skills! It took me 15 years to find a salon able to cut my stupidly curly locks in a way that didn't make me look like something from a bon jovi video C.1985. XX

cut your own, cheaper