Fishing venue nr sheffield

i would just like to let people know of a great fishing venue at wroot just through bawtry it is called alderfen fishery just got back great days fishing we fished the match lake had a mixed bag including carp to 5lbs tench to 3lbs bream to 3lbs roach rudd up to a pound.a fish a chuck i had approx 20 bream 4 tench 3 carp plus roach and rudd.there are four lakes in total specimen coarse lake specimen carp lake and a small strip pond with fish up to 2lbs great for beginners or kids,check out the web page www.alderfenfisheries.co.uk. will going next wedsnesday p.s. i was using bag up soft pellet my mate tried meat corn and maggot all got results tight lines.sorry if link not working maybe phone number may help 07772033398 and yes there is a few waters in the area but i this place isnt has commercial its more relaxing if you know what i mean

Edited by yatesace
adding info

hi mate

thanks for info,but the link is not working

paul

If rivers like the don can come back theres hope for me, use to swim in it in 1946- dead dogs cats rats all the P.C.Bs u could drink with a good dose of Mercury and theres nothing wrong with me ,i say theres nothing wrong with me theres nothing wrong with me 123456789 **^#2**(

Fishing is my hobby and its give me much pleasure.thanks for the information mates,,god will bless you guys.

Edited by fighterman

sorry vatesace, but alderen is poor venue, and ugly too. the only time it fishes well is when there is hardly anyone about on a weekday, at the weekend its terrible, although it has some fine specimin fish in it, i would rather pay my money to somewhere with a nicer view and better fishing

if you want to fish near wroot, go to candy corner or lindholme lakes,

its certainly not the worst pond if ive ever fished but i could pick a hundred ponds in the yorkshire/lincolnshire region that make alderfen look poor

we had some big tench when it first opened 8lb + .also had a few blanks so not been for ages.we tried the match lake and nobody was catching anything.

bank end is a good venue as well--try it

had my personal best tench from here 2 years ago, 7lb 12oz

only been a few times since, but always caught on the match lake

good stamp of tench in there too, around the 3-4lb mark