Which really rubbish cars do you lust after owning?

Do you ever wish that you owned a really rubbish car? If so which?

I have to confess that I always fancied a Lada Niva. I really don't know why, because they were horrible. But there you go.

I also had a crush on the 1960s Wartburgs and Skodas. I think it was those long peaks that they had over the headlights rather like a baseball cap. Both total junk that disolved quicker than an Alka-Seltzer.

Back in the 1970s our neighbour had a Fiat 126 I thought they looked great, really dinky. Are they rubbish enough to qualify?

I also remember the Renault Fuego - very early 1980s. Something Gene Hunt would drive. I always remember the ads, very stylish!

Allegro - I wanted to buy my Dad's when I was 17 and just doing my driving test - he said that is was too old and needed scrapping - I've always fancied one since - either that or a car that had a really unusual shaped roof, really curved? Cannot for the life of me recall the make now - that's going to annoy me all day now!!!

I've always had a thing for the Niva Cossack too. It just looks like a beefy but incredibly cheap and nasty 4x4.

I can't help being pulled towards MGFs even though they have awful head gasket issues.

...or a car that had a really unusual shaped roof, really curved? Cannot for the life of me recall the make now - that's going to annoy me all day now!!!

2CV? Cute little things.

A TVR, S series or Chimaera.

Every-time-you-take-it-out-the-RAC-brings-it-back -rubbish, for sure.

But the sound of it, the raw ability, the brutish elegance of it...everything that's so good about it!

I would put up with the breakdowns...

...I think

Failing that, a Hi-Lux. Suitably beat-up, but preferably with the biggest engine possible in it :D

There's a guy on our works estate who knocks around in one of those huge 80s-looking US pickups (hard to miss: matt cammo painted, and you'll hear it 10 minutes before you see it). There's something weirdly appealing about that 'thing', mostly the sound of it.

Mmm....Perhaps I have a V8 fetish, after all :huh:

Edited by L00b

Always wanted a montego countryman estate for some reason

when i was growing up in Aston a bloke on my nans street had a bright orange Capri 2.8 ghia, huge body kit, blacked out windows, i thought it was awesome, looking back now it was a shocker.

My mates dad had a Renault 11 TXE Electronic.

Probably rubbish, but it had a dashboard like this

so I just didn't care

Check out the stereo!

Top Gear announced that the new Dacia Duster was going to be imported to Britain later on in the year- I really fancied having one of the originals at one point. A genuine rag top, about as inappropriate for somewhere as rainy as Sheffield, but still a fun vehicle, as long as you have good waterproofs and a garage!