Appealing to all martial artists in the Sheffield area

hi my name is greg and i am currently training in Aikido. our club ran by Steve Walker and Martin Wilson has just moved to the new English Institute of Sport (between Don Valley Stadium and the Arena) and were are desperatly short of members. at thsi point in time we have just 4 regular members and we are calling at you to come down for a night and try out training with Aikido as we are so short in numbers

the times are thursday at 7pm til 8pm

Tel Steve for more infomation on

01246 853897

07799608356 (mob)

thankyou in advance greg.

:cool:

i've been meaning to try out aikido for a while - i've never done any martial arts though, does your club teach beginners?

hi , yes at the moment there is about only 5-6 regular members with two teachers and normally one teacher will take the more advanced of the group while the other black belt will teach the begginers, more often than not 1 on 1 so there is a very good start for begginers with no high impact or exhaustive excercises just teaching the basics until you feel that you want to progress. we would do our upmost to make you feel very welcome and would greatly apprieciate your turning up, if you have any more questions please dont hesitate to ring stev on the telephone number on the original post or post back here. hope to hear from you soon

regards greg

One main reason you don't have many members is due to the fact hardly anyone lives thats size of Sheffield, it's all industry..

You want to do a gym either in town, or eccasall/ abbeydale area.

I'd come, but for an hours work out, i'm gonna be doing about one n a half hours of traveling.

yes i see your point but as we previously had our club at norton collage and did not have a huge group i cannot see that as a valid reason, especially as we are now based in the English Institute of Sport, surely the most apt place for a sporting club?

Re to Rupert, will do hope you are well

i will probably be along tomorrow to try it out - is the place easy to find?

:thumbsup:

excellent, just wear jogging bottoms and a t-shirt or something like that. the enterence to the Institue of Sport is across the road from the car park of the new ice skating ring, once inside ask anybody where the dojo is or where the aikido group is, as we have just moved i am in the same position as you and am not sure of where abouts the room inside is so ill proberbly meet you wandering around, if you want to ask for the room place then ring Steve on

01246 853897

07799608356 (mob)

otherwise we all will look forward to seeing you tonite at 7!

regards greg

sorry i couldn't make it on thursday, i forgot the time and would have been really late!

so next week, definitely.

;)

how much is a session?