Sign in to follow this  

Council House Repairs.

Hi

Does anyone no anything about the system now where as if you need a repair to a council house gate or fence you have to find the money to pay for a private repair?

My mum who is 80 has just found this out, her gate which is now wedged open due to the damp winter weather is a security risk to the back of the property, but the fact that she doesn't have any money to afford a joiner seems of no importance to anyone.

Does anyone know of any organisation that can offer her assistance?

Thanks

Not good news for you Jill. If the fence and/or gate was provided by the council then they have a duty to repair it. If it was out there by a tenant (even if it was one before your mum) then it is up to the tenant to reoair it unfortunately. I dont know off hand of anyone who can help but I do know there are people. If your mum is disabled she could try contacting social services. If I can find anything out for you I will post it. Good luck.

Hi,

Anything like this it's simplest to contact your local councillor. Have a look at the SCC website for the name, and home phone number, of your councillor. If they are any good they will have surgery times posted there too.

Happy hunting.

Hi, I'm sure there's a way or an organisation that can help here.

Try your local CAB or your local library for details of how to get help.

Hey Tiffy, looks like this is a very old posting you've answered!

Vin

I'm fairly new on here and when I've got time I go through a few threads. I had to add something to that one as I hate to think the elderly are struggling with things.

I think it would be good if subjects were linked in some way so that if we had a particular interest in a subject we can research only those threads.

hope your mum got her gate fixed if not contact the comunity service dept/probation dept,they will sort her garden aswell

You could try an organisation like help the aged