Where can I buy millstones and stone troughs?

As title, want to buy some nice bits as garden ornaments, really want one of the old grit millstones to be part of a wall and would like a stone trough also. Garden centres don't have anything authentic. PM if you have anything for sale...:)

I would have a run up to High Riggs Nursery at Stannington.

http://www.highriggs.co.uk/index.htm

I know I've definatley seen carved stone troughs there.

They are normally very helpful and friendly, especially the guy that actually run the place.

Hope this helps.

if you have a walk up the bankside of the river loxley from malin bridge to wisewood inn i'm sure you will find some there i have taken a few myself from within the river.They were put in there when the old mills closed down

hi.they have got some stone trough's at hardcores builders merchants on claywheels lane,there just up from fletchers bakery.large med and small sizes.nice and freindly staff too.

Visit swifties on abbeydale rd. 0114 2550310.Went in last week and saw some stone millstones.

architectural and reclamation dealers but be prepared to pay good money for them,they are a big piece of sheffields history,good stone troughs can be very big money,best try to get a old belfast sink and hypertufa it,that is cover it with wire mesh and apply amixture of sand ,cement and peat well mixed and slap it on with your hands,when its dry brush it with live yoghurt or cow muck,in a couple of years youll not tell the differance.

Great response, thanks guys...

will look at high riggs...

thought it was an urban myth that they can be found 'lying around' and all that!

Thought about swifties, went last year and didn't see owt, will go again

know about hypertufa and the like, thanks but want the 'real thing'

Plenty laying about around Stanage Edge.They weigh a few tons though.

Hi,

Just joined the forum. My company Auld Lang Stone is based in Wakefield and currently has a stock of 200+ troughs in granite, sandstone and marble. Also 100+ old millstones in granite diameter about 55-60cm. If interested please give me a call on 01924 255685 or vist Job Earnshaws Fencing, Stocksmoor Road, Midgley, Wakefield WF4 4JG where some of the items are on display.

Richard

Hi,

Just joined the forum. My company Auld Lang Stone is based in Wakefield and currently has a stock of 200+ troughs in granite, sandstone and marble. Also 100+ old millstones in granite diameter about 55-60cm. If interested please give me a call on 01924 255685 or vist Job Earnshaws Fencing, Stocksmoor Road, Midgley, Wakefield WF4 4JG where some of the items are on display.

Richard

Nice one Richard, can you give any rough indications of price either on here or by PM?

Thanks for the reply.

Price is difficult depending on size.

The best indication will be for you to look on my Ebay store.

I cannot post a link but if you search under item number :-160400006652 this takes you onto one of my troughs at £40 you can then access my shop which has a further 80+ advertised.

In some cases I can offer a better price if the transaction is out of Ebay as I save on listing / valuation / Paypal fees.

If you are interested in any then the delivery cost can be saved by collecting or I can charge a nominal amount as you are close.

Regards

Richard

Auld Lang Stone

Try millthorpe nursery they have a lovely selection of salvage and plants, sorry if I have posted this wrong it's my first time !!!!