Who Gives The Worst TV Coverage for SHEFFIELD  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Gives The Worst TV Coverage for SHEFFIELD

• Yorkshire TV
    • BBC Look North
    • Radio
    • We get a fair deal

Guest Mr BusDriver

Im not sure but has Yorkshire (Leeds) TV and BBC Look North never heard of Sheffield?.

If I turn on the tv again and see another smug presenter on Calender telling us that L***S is the capital of the north I will go up there and thump them.

Do You Think SHEFFIELD get a fair deal in the TV?.

How does the radio give the worst TV coverage?

[Replies removed]

Please keep this topic relevant and don't stray in to some lame conversation about "Taliban" refugees.

:( The other day on Look North the first two news items were about Sheffield.....Yes i think Sheffield gets a good share of coverage :thumbsup:

I remember back when I was away at College in the early 1990s, the College was full of cocky Londoners and being practically the only Yorkshireman in the whole place as it was based over in Lincolnshire, I used to cop abuse from them for my accent and all sorts, but they also slagged off Sheffield by saying that the only time they'd seen it on the TV was when anything bad happened such as trouble at Leppings Lane or Bramall Lane etc....

I've not seen Look North for a couple of years so I don't know what it's like these days, but I always got the impression from watching it that it should have been retitled Look Leeds.

Try checking out the Yorkshire TV wesbite - hardly 'owt on Sheffield there. Even BBC Radio Sheffield finds the continuing saga of who's going to buy Barnsley / Chesterfield football clubs more interesting that 'local' news.

I cynically think the problem is that those stations are based in Leeds, so it's in their interests to ignore Sheffield.

In all honesty is there ever much to report in Sheffield? Even The Star with it's crack team of ace reporters only ever manage a couple of front pages a week worth buying the paper for.

No offence guys and gals, i with you about the whole 'pro-sheffield' thing as well, but sheffield gets its fair share of tv coverage.

its not as though Sheffield is immune from tv coverage - just look at the recognition sheffield receives in the form of 'when saturday comes', 'full monty', 'traffic cops (shown nationally).

The fact that sheffield rarely features is testament to the fact that we dont have to contend with cops getting shot in our fair city, nor some runt stealing your car upon parking it up. The fact that these arent regular incidents - means that folk living around the country won't get the impression that its a rough old place.

I love sheffield for what it is, when we feature on tv - its because of a quality development like Winter Gardens, National Ice Rink, another famous act playing at the Hallam Arena, academic success at Hallam and the other Univeristy!!!

Whats the deal? While crap like this doesnt happen - my nest egg keeps gaining in value.

All the best and happy new year to you all XxX

Don't have to contend with some runt stealing your car

Not unless you live up on the Manor estate anyway..... a friend of mine once had her car nicked right outside her work in broad daylight, she only left it for a minute, if that, to fetch something from the office, on the Vikinglea estate on the Manor by the way.

Guest unners

West one development is on Relocation,Relocation this wednesday at 20.00 on four.

Originally posted by Mr BusDriver

Im not sure but has Yorkshire (Leeds) TV and BBC Look North never heard of Sheffield?.

If I turn on the tv again and see another smug presenter on Calender telling us that L***S is the capital of the north I will go up there and thump them.

Do You Think SHEFFIELD get a fair deal in the TV?.

Where in Sheffield are you if you are in the north like hillsbrough you will be on the emly moor transmitter which serve west yorkshire. This could be why you get news about west yorkshire and only big news about sheffield.

I think sky broadcast the right one but not sure. as that knows where you are though you postcode on your acount