Anyone know the age limit of the opposite sex siblings to share a bedroom??

Does anyone know the age limit of the opposite sex siblings sharing a bedroom??

I think its 10 but someone once told me it was getting reduced to 7 whether that has happened or not I do not know

I'm not quite sure either but i heard the same that it was getting reduced, trying to find out for a friend because she'll be in this situation soon.

Definitely 10.

I asked at the housing the other week. Mind you, by the time my son reaches 10, they will have upped it to 12.

It did used to be 8 at one time.

The demand for 3 bed properties is so huge and there aren't enough of them. (Maybe something to do with demolishing thousands of homes and not enough rebuilds? :/ )

You might be really lucky like I was, and be told that you and your oh have to sleep on your living room floor.

I didn't realise there was an age limit laid down in law. Surely it's up to the parents to decide according to circumstances? I assume, though, that with social housing, parents can ask for a home with more bedrooms once their children reach a certain age.

think its up to parents i have girl and boy and it was about 10 yrs when we got a 3 bed thats why we moved as i had a two bed before that

It's not actually a limit as such, is it? Just that you can claim your home is overcrowded and apply for a larger house if you're a council tenant, I thought. Obviously if you're a homeowner, no-ones going to give you a larger house just because you have too many children for the space you have available.

Afaik, no-one's going to come along and prosecute you for having siblings sharing a room after a certain age, so don't worry too much.

Im sure that social services could make it a issue if your children are sharing a room and in their eyes too old to do so.

I didn't realise there was an age limit laid down in law. Surely it's up to the parents to decide according to circumstances? I assume, though, that with social housing, parents can ask for a home with more bedrooms once their children reach a certain age.

You assume correctly, and no, it's not a legal limit; in that you can't (so far as I know) be prosecuted because your 14-year-old daughter and 12-year-old son share a bedroom.

If you're in council housing, the council has an obligation to find you a larger property in that position.

You assume correctly, and no, it's not a legal limit; in that you can't (so far as I know) be prosecuted because your 14-year-old daughter and 12-year-old son share a bedroom.

If you're in council housing, the council has an obligation to find you a larger property in that position.

I think social services would not allow this because of private parts of children etc an things. I maybe wrong but Im sure they wouldnt be happy with it

Yes, sure you can carry on and allow your boys/girls to share a bedroom, but in the eyes of the law as you say, they should be separated.

Many people, (myself included) live in a 2 bedroomed property and have no choice but to have their kids share a bedroom.

Because there aren't enough 3 bed properties, the council, like I mentioned before, are telling parents to use living room/dining room floors as beds.

Well i'm pregnant myself and now the midwife's are starting to home visit to see where the baby will be sleeping. I know opposite sex siblings can't share a room within a certain age limit because of the simple fact they begin to experiment and that's why they need to be seperated.