Kung Fu in Sheffield

hey guys and gals

does anybody have the remotest idea if there is a class in yorkshire?

i have managed to find only one in london, i do not wish to find SAN SHOU or any of the shaolin arts, just purely san soo, the old chinese warfare system.

thanks for any help

what type of martial art is it? Never heard of it, educate me on it please.

well from what i can gather, it is an old old form of chinese fighting where the student uses a low centre of gravity and all of thier body to attack, (much like the style i am currently studying) legend has it that when japan invaded china, they challenged the chinese san soo master to do battle, of course the karate champion was soundly beaten and the san soo master and the students were all slaughtered because of it,

this is just one story i have managed to find, i was hoping the class would be able to enlighten me,

i know the system itself is based on five familys, such as the family of power, the family of power points, the family of strikes and locks and so on.

yes, there are a few, there is shaolin kung fu next to the crucible, wing chun all over the place, lou gar on scotts road which deals with the five animals of shaolin,

this is why i wish to study san soo, from what i can gather its based on warfare and chinese combat by people and isnt based on animals, and because im a human that is good for me, lol :)

yes i do, i think they have there place, i was no way intending it as an insult to those of you who do the animal styles.like i have said before i am a huge fan of wing chun and that is based on crane and snake.

i just wanted to see something pre shaolin, pre animals, just the raw survival side of the chinese masters.

does anybody have any idea about these 2 in sheffield?

Bodhidharma Yijinjing kung fu?

and

shaolin tong zi gong kung fu?

i understand that yijinjing is part of qigong, is this right?

any help would be great, thankyou.

Bodhidharma was an Enlightened Buddhist Master who revived Buddhism in China and

taught the Monks at the Shaolin Temple one of the very first types of martial arts

i know that, the yinyin (i cant remember how to spell it, lol) is a group of isometrics to strenghthen tendons????lol, see i really need help on this one

Has anyone tried this?

I'm starting it tonight in Pitsmoor, and a class on Saturday in Hillsborough. (also kick-boxing on Sundays).

Looks really good but experiences/opinions/information would be cool :)

This is the site: http://www.prokungfu.com

Cheers

GazB

hey

i have been there, sifi graham abdulla, (guardian of lau gar kung fu) he is a fantastic teacher, and would be a great mentor to have, i couldnt get on with standing around doing forms though and i think a few of the students have not an ego problem but...... i hope you know what i mean, but please dont let that put you off it is only what i have found, the kick boxing on a sunday is ok as someone i know goes everyweek to that and the wed class,

enjoy yourself it is a good all round style :)

Yeah I've got the Graham dude tonight! I'll be going on Thursday, Saturday and then Kickboxing on Sunday :D

Well that went out of the window. Couldn't find the place!

I'll have to ring up tomorrow and get directions ready for Thursday.