Sign in to follow this  

Will Sheffield Wednesday get Relegated?

Do you think Sheffield Wednesday will get relegated this season? They are currently rock bottom of Division one. What do you think will happen if they do get relegated. They are in millions of debt and facing Division 2 Football. If things keep on getting worse they could end up been forced to sell the football ground. What do you think can be done to turn things around?

I Personally can't see them beating the drop this season. I think it's one of the worst sides I have seen at Hillsborough.

Originally posted by "Lickszz"

Do you think Sheffield Wednesday will get relegated this season?.

YE!

They will probably come straight back up though, I cant belive I said that being a Blade.

The finances are more of a problem, the problem stems from when they had all the foreigners on high wages. Most of them have gone now, they are likely to go into recivership and someone will have to bail them out.

Originally posted by "mikey"

Do you think Sheffield Wednesday will get relegated this season?.

YE!

They will probably come straight back up though, I cant belive I said that being a Blade.

The finances are more of a problem, the problem stems from when they had all the foreigners on high wages. Most of them have gone now, they are likely to go into recivership and someone will have to bail them out.

I am not so sure they will come back up. I mean the teams at the bottom of Division 1, Brighton, Stoke, Grimsby and Sheff Wed are among the worst I have ever known.

Not looking too good down at S6, yesterday's result (at Millwall) really put's them favourites for the drop, I hope Turner and the lads pull off the miracle that might see them survive though !

Come on Wednesday !

Guest Tony Cocking

:wink: You might be right i have watch the owls for years when they was in the old 3rd division and again the players that they have could not get in my Saturday team i just feel so sorry for them we need some luck and a big backer with plenty of money to buy the right players the managers have not help .

T.C

I followed the Owls for many years and remember the old Third Division days, Wednesday came very close to being relegated to the Fourth Division - beating Southend 2 - 1 at Hillsborough last match of the 75/76 season to send them down instead !

It took a few seasons to turn things round back then, I don't think the club can afford to repeat that with it's current financial plight !

Guest Tony Cocking

I remember that match with southend i was biting my finger nails but think of all the good players that have gone out of Hillsboro kovancic warhurst hursty wilson palmer bright waddle sheridan pearson there is nobody like that at Hillsboro now i use to watch them home/away but i just cant afford to watch them now but hopefully things will change for the better not this season but lets start rebuilding for next get the rubbish out

Thanks Tony

I agree Tony, I too followed them for many years home and away, but due to the declining quality of football and the cost stopped going. I hope Turner can turn things round because the loyal Owls fans deserve better.

the owls aren't down yet but it does now look more than likely though it is hard to face.

if the owls are relegated and the blades promoted it will be interesting to see who gets the bigger gates.

if united struggle in the premiership and wednesday are going for promotion in division two.

The attendance arguments are rife again at the moment, the Blades fans can never accept the fact that Wednesday are the best supported club in the city !

Come on Wednesday !

More bad news Brighton have three more points tonight.It just gets worse.

United have 30,000 plus tickets for the semi.I just wonder if they can sell them all.

Guest Tony Cocking
:D Lets be honest when the Owls Played the other side which we dont talk about at the semi they was getting gates of 12000 + then they turn up with 40000+ how loyal are the other side to there club a lot coming out of the woodwork dont you agree anyway they will not go up they are not good enough T.C.