View Full Version : Postman doesn't push my mail right through my letter box!

wobblywill
02-12-2009, 10:58
Morning everyone,

Just had a word with my postman this morning because he isn't pushing my mail right through the letter box and my mail is sometimes getting wet. He told me it was my fault because I have a ?? at the back of my letter box.

Now I bet you are all thinking I must have a vicious dog behind my letter box - well you would be wrong. Behind my letter box there is a......draught excluder!

Now am I being totally unrealistic to ask my postman to push my mail right through my letter box. I manage to push it through OK.

Just couldn't believe his reason

giro_casher
02-12-2009, 12:42
........nail bomb

deedar
02-12-2009, 12:51
parallel universe..............

BasilRathbon
02-12-2009, 13:02
....invisible rattlesnake.......

(I love these "choose two words at random" threads)

wobblywill
02-12-2009, 13:09
:rolleyes: yeh you're all right. How did you guess! :roll:

Bonjon
02-12-2009, 13:20
Hmmm, I recon I know someone who might be getting delayed christmas cards this year?? Anyone else guess who?

Magilla
02-12-2009, 13:49
Morning everyone,

Just had a word with my postman this morning because he isn't pushing my mail right through the letter box and my mail is sometimes getting wet. He told me it was my fault because I have a ?? at the back of my letter box.

Now I bet you are all thinking I must have a vicious dog behind my letter box - well you would be wrong. Behind my letter box there is a......draught excluder!

Now am I being totally unrealistic to ask my postman to push my mail right through my letter box. I manage to push it through OK.

I don't even have one of those and they still don't push all the mail through. I often come home to find it poking out for all to see.

wobblywill
02-12-2009, 15:17
Hmmm, I recon I know someone who might be getting delayed christmas cards this year?? Anyone else guess who?

My postman won't be getting a card off me! or a tip!! lol. Hope he freezes his knackers off

mr_blue_owl
02-12-2009, 15:33
Morning everyone,

I suggest you napalm his house

wobblywill
02-12-2009, 15:38
I suggest you napalm his house

What does that mean?

Treatment
02-12-2009, 15:41
Morning everyone,

Into every life a little rain must fall.

Sheff2006
02-12-2009, 15:42
Ive had the same problem with mail not being pushed through the letterbox even though there is nothing blocking from the interior.

I complained to the local delivery/sorting office and they said they would issue a route card for my mail route stating mail to be pushed right through. Trouble is it still happens but less often.

Postal delivery people reading this, can you explain the reasons why mail doesnt get pushed through when there is nothing on the interior of the door to prevent mail going straight through?

wobblywill
02-12-2009, 15:44
Ive had the same problem with mail not being pushed through the letterbox even though there is nothing blocking from the interior.

I complained to the local delivery/sorting office and they said they would issue a route card for my mail route stating mail to be pushed right through. Trouble is it still happens but less often.

Postal delivery people reading this, can you explain the reasons why mail doesnt get pushed through when there is nothing on the interior of the door to prevent mail going straight through?

Glad someone else agrees with me. Why should I have to have soaking wet post just because the postie can't be bothered to push the mail through. Also what about identity theft. It's a very good opportunity for someone to pinch the mail

Treatment
02-12-2009, 15:45

Yes, it's to stop people urinating through the letter box.

I hope that this helps.

Sheff2006
02-12-2009, 15:46

I hope that this helps.

What about mail that is left hanging outside in heavy rain and the possibility of identity theft?

Treatment
02-12-2009, 15:58
What about mail that is left hanging outside in heavy rain and the possibility of identity theft?

Ah, sweet mystery of life - as Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy may have said.

mr_blue_owl
02-12-2009, 16:03
What does that mean?

Napalm is the stuff some incendiary bombs are or were made from - Used frequently by the Yanks in Vietnam

mr_blue_owl
02-12-2009, 16:06

I hope that this helps.

Do people really do that?
Has anyone ever had their dick caught in one of those spring loaded letter box flaps?

mr_blue_owl
02-12-2009, 16:07
Into every life a little rain must fall.

I adore sarcasm

Berberis
02-12-2009, 16:07
Have you tried calling the post office complaints line?

mr_blue_owl
02-12-2009, 16:13
Have you tried calling the post office complaints line?

Does your signature mean you support Sheffield Wednesday?

Treatment
02-12-2009, 16:21
Do people really do that?
Has anyone ever had their dick caught in one of those spring loaded letter box flaps?

See the old '' unlucky Alf '' sketch on The Fast Show, I have never been able to look at a Vicar with a straight face since. :thumbsup:

Treatment
02-12-2009, 16:23
I adore sarcasm

Kindred spirits then. :)

Berberis
02-12-2009, 16:25
Does your signature mean you support Sheffield Wednesday?

No, but I get the joke :)