Mouse droppings under the kitchen sink..

Hi all, this is very difficult for me to post as I’m sat here rather nervous now. I think I’ve just found mouse droppings in the cupboard under my kitchen sink. They were very tiny, brown and quite solid. There was about five or so of them. I occasionally get field mice in the garage during winter, have two traps set in there all year round and only ever get the odd one in winter. I actually found one in there tonight. I just don’t see how they could get in the kitchen. My friends said not to have any food out, even crumbs, which I don’t really have about. I’m just really scared; I’ve never seen droppings before but just can’t think of anything else they could be. The garage isn’t adjoined to the house either. I’m not really sure what I’m asking for here but just fed up now!

It will probably just be a single mouse that has found its way in and may be having trouble getting out. Place one of your traps where you saw the droppings and just make sure you wipe all the sides down when you are preparing food etc.

Mice (esp field mice) can get in anywhere, if you can fit a pencil in a gap, then a mouse can fit through, I am sure though that the mouse will be more frightened of you than you of it :D

Good luck

Oh my goodness, I had better batten down the hatches then, size of a pencil!!!!!!!!!!! Argh! I’m afraid, very afraid. Thank you for a helpful reply; I thought I would get shouted down in a second! Gino for King! :-)

Best to check all your cupboards tomorrow though, just in case, but 5 droppings will most likely just be a single mouse, traps are better because you dont want to poison it or you will never find it :thumbsup:

Same thing happened to me a few months ago and in the same place, under the kitchen sink. I set a trap and in about 24 hours the problem was solved. Haven't seen one since. Nothing to be afraid of....you're way bigger than it is and as Jongo said, probably more afraid of you.

Thanks everyone, have cleared everything out this morning and antibacterialed etc, have left all bits out and trap ready and waiting. Only found one more solitary dropping too. Thanks again.

This is one of those cases where I'd always assumed before now that the OP was a bloke, and this thread is making me rapidly rethink that idea. :o

Oh my goodness, is it not so obvious that im the most sissy, wimp, light weight scardy pants girl ever?! When i said trap ready and waiting, maybe i should have pointed out that my very better half put it there and its now ready and waiting......!!!!!!!! :-)

its because its cold they are trying to find somewhere warm, its not that your mucky so don;t think that, just put your traps down and catch them

Oh my goodness, is it not so obvious that im the most sissy, wimp, light weight scardy pants girl ever?!

It is now! :hihi:

After you have caught the mouse leave the traps out as its very likely there are two. Mice come in pairs. I thought i had one for weeks until i caught it and then found more mouse droppings. Turned out there were two like everyone was telling me. I HATE MICE!

i hate rodents as well!! and no point letting them go in a field cos they will just venture into someone elses building(s)!!