View Full Version : Wondering if the owls on here

canadablade
24-11-2009, 12:45
Just wondering if the owls on here would stop posting about the Blades playing hoofball while posting that wednesday's play is nothing short of Real Madrid.
Just watched the first half hour of the Ipswich vs owls match before happily turning in for the night as i was nodding off.
Passing it around the back 4 before back passing it to Grant who lumps it upfield almost as far as Mark Bunn doesn't constitute this brilliant football on the ground you keep going on about.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Lestat
24-11-2009, 12:49
Wednesday put four passes together??.. get away!

Crunchy Nut
24-11-2009, 12:54
Wahey yet ANOTHER wind up post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

scoobydotcom
24-11-2009, 13:05
come on cb ur better than this...

Stockers
24-11-2009, 13:12

Not a wind up, an honest question and one i was thinking myself.

Wednesdays best chance of the match came from a long hoof down field by Grant, a flick on by Harvey and a snap shot by Tudders, hardly the beautiful game promoted to us by many on here.

Wednesday passed it in the wrong areas but we're great to watch and reverted to hoof ball as the easy option on too many occasions.

I'm taking it Ipswich was an off day :(

F. Sidebottom
24-11-2009, 13:21
I thought we were by far the better passing side of the two and we battled very well in difficult conditions (I was soaked by the time I got to the car)

canadablade
24-11-2009, 13:21
Not a wind up but it was a serious observation.
What i saw in the first half hour was dire from both sides and i bet the Sheffield forum 11 would have given either team a game by the sounds of the way the Forum vs Masons game went.
It looked to me like you went there, set out your stall for a 0-0 draw and basically killing the game off much like Forest have been accused of doing in the past.
You knocked it around till you got to the half way line, passed it back to Grant who lumped it upfield, Am I wrong ??????

Lessy lad-- Yep they put 4 passes together with the 5th one back to Grant ;)

Snook
24-11-2009, 13:25

No, I saw it too, they really did put four passes together!

Stockers
24-11-2009, 13:29
I thought we were by far the better passing side of the two and we battled very well in difficult conditions (I was soaked by the time I got to the car)

That'll be the Blue and White tinted specs :hihi:

It must have been difficult to play in the dreadful conditions but it wasn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination. Neither side really deserved anything from the game so a draw was just about the right result.

Still you can't fault a point away at a team who haven't lost in their last 6 matches.

Panthera
24-11-2009, 16:25
its a sad fact that when teams are finding it hard to get results and conceding stupid goals it reflects in how the team plays. each player doesnt want to be the one who makes the mistake that leads to an easy goal for the other team, its the old hot potato syndrome wednesday were playing decent footie a few months back but with recent results the owls have resorted to getting the ball away from thier goal as fast as possible. both sheffield teams are guilty of this with the recent past results, i just hope we can pull through this rough patch and push on

Bladesman
25-11-2009, 01:30
I saw a fair bit of the game and I cant say it was fluid passing football from either team.

Wednesday seem very much like us really could pass and play good football but would rather lump it down field.