View Full Version : Flyers in Supermarket car parks

Bazcooper
16-11-2009, 18:47
Hi all

Im a recovery Transport and salvage Company

Very new to it but working hard to improve business

Does anybody know if you are allowed by law to put flyers on cars in super market car parks

Also any advice on advertising and help getting my small company out there in the south yorkshire area would be great

Thanks all

Bikertec
16-11-2009, 18:54
Be prepared to get lots of verbal if you do. A guy threaten to rip my head of and that puting it politely compared to what he did say, if I stuck one on his car that was hillsborough car park.;) That was some years ago.:)

cones4u_123
16-11-2009, 18:59
normally get moved on i tryed in b&q and staff move you on my flyers what i was give out on car windows was free burger if u do a survey online so i just handed them out other places it was ages ago tho but i am sure its not allow staff will move u on

a thing to remmber is if u pay someone to do it and they flyer carparks etc then u can not get done by your flyers for dumped rubbish on ground as probbly half will throw them on floor good look a few ways to advertise is

yell.com but pricey
on here use too
viva street
ebay
local news paper
flyers business and homes
notice boards
free adds
ad mag
shop windows newsagents etc

indizine
16-11-2009, 20:06
to me it comes across as a cheap a tacky and doesnt say much for the business that is using these tactics.

clea_4eva
16-11-2009, 20:32
should think you'd have to get a flyering licence off the council first?

centurionduc
16-11-2009, 22:02
Might be a better idea to ask in the shops if they can keep them on the till for you.

steveroberts
17-11-2009, 06:56
You would need the permisson of the supermarkets. Personally I hate them; I don't ask for them and object to anyone man handling my car!
Regarding your business. If I understand you correctly, you recover broken down vehicles and vehicles for scrap?
If this is correct, I'm not sure you want to be targeting Joe Public because they are unlikely to want your service as any recovery would be covered by their insurance companies (RAC etc). Same for Salvage; it is the insurance companies who will make the decision to write off cars after accidents.
I would have thought that your business is a Business to Business operation (B2B); therefore you need to find who has the local contracts with the RAC, Insurance companies etc and sub contract yourself through them; in parallel, I'd be contacting the RAC, Insurance compamies etc and find out how to get on their approved supplier list.
You might want to speak to Business Link and see if you can get support through their Innovation Voucher scheme; alternatively you could try BIG.
PM me regarding Innovation Vouchers as I know who you need to speak to at Business Link.

sharpend
17-11-2009, 10:02
If you gave me ANYTHING and asked me to read it when I am in the supermarket car park - I would look at you as you were speaking a foreign language

Not a good place to get peoples attention I don't think...

TJC1
17-11-2009, 11:25
Its not illegal but remember that if it rains flyers can get stuck to windscreens, thats annoying. Its also an intrusive way of advertising, which is annoying. Its a bit tacky too, I'd think of something else.

M1Industries
17-11-2009, 11:51
As above, Dont like people touching my car.

sarah1
17-11-2009, 12:56
I get quite a few leaflets and things stuck under my wipers when I'm at work.. As soon as I see them, I just pull them out, screw them up and chuck them in the nearest bin.. I don't even bother looking at whats written on it..

It would be interesting to find out if this type of advertising actually works, because everyone I know who's had the same rubbish under their wipers, has done the same thing as me - just chucked it..

Owls Magic
24-11-2009, 19:26
get a few thousand flyers printed off and post them in your surrounding area and then start to work outwords.

Bazcooper
28-11-2009, 19:13
Thanks all

You have opened my eyes to what people think and its perfectly what i wanted

A mixture of views but most the hate of flyers

Now is the time to stop printing the flyers and think of other advertising

Thanks

Baz

oliverh579
06-12-2009, 21:28
hi, im new to this to trying to advertise that is, i do signs and graphics but someone has mentioned to me that yellow pages do a free ''one liner'' however they dont advertise it and suposedly when you enquire about it they try and persuade you to buy bigger space.
its worth a try but dont hold me on it as i have not yet tryed it myself.