View Full Version : Have the gritters been out already??

cbr6man
02-09-2009, 11:55
I drove down Ochre Dike Lane (where the busses go to Crystal Peaks) yesterday (1st Sept) at around 7:15am only to see, what looked suspicously like, grit on the road.

It was from the junction with Moss Way towards Crystal Peaks, I thought it may have been the council filling the grit bins and some grit had fallen from the lorry as it went round the corner, but I looked again this morning and there are no grit bins. Have the gritter lorries been out already?

Can anyone shed some light on this minor mystery.

LibertyBell
02-09-2009, 12:03
The minimum temperature forecast over the next 5 days is 9 degrees so I would seriously doubt it.

Lady Star
02-09-2009, 12:42
I drove down Ochre Dike Lane (where the busses go to Crystal Peaks) yesterday (1st Sept) at around 7:15am only to see, what looked suspicously like, grit on the road.

It was from the junction with Moss Way towards Crystal Peaks, I thought it may have been the council filling the grit bins and some grit had fallen from the lorry as it went round the corner, but I looked again this morning and there are no grit bins. Have the gritter lorries been out already?

Can anyone shed some light on this minor mystery.

Nah!
:loopy::hihi::loopy:

auto98uk
02-09-2009, 12:43
Odd, my post has vanished

If it has been removed by a mod, could someone please tell me why, it is a bit shabby to remove posts without telling the person involved.

Anyway, it is because the gritters are now alive, and are planning on taking over the world.