View Full Version : Sheffield Documentary tonight 7.30 (31 Aug)

Janus
31-08-2009, 12:02
In the documentary series running on BBC2 called "saving Britain`s past" tonight`s doc is about Park hill flats. (7.30 -8pm)

annieste
31-08-2009, 12:35
Is this a repeat of a program thats already been on? If it is and you haven't seen it watch it, it will make your blood boil.

fox20thc
31-08-2009, 13:00
Streets in the Sky

Tom Dyckhoff visits the Park Hill flats in Sheffield, one of the most controversial listed buildings in Britain. Once heralded as the most pioneering public housing scheme in the country, decades of decline and neglect have transformed it into a grim sink estate. It is now protected by English Heritage, raising questions about what should be saved for the benefit of future generations

Category Documentary
Director Helen Nixon
Executive Producer Basil Comely
Series Producer Mary Sackville-West
BBC2 North 7:30pm-8:00pm (30 minutes) Mon 31 Aug

a new series and not a repeat.

maryjane
31-08-2009, 18:16
Just been to the Museum last week with the kids, there is a video/film all about it, very interesting. so will look forward to watching tonight.

HotPhil
31-08-2009, 19:04
Is this a repeat of a program thats already been on? If it is and you haven't seen it watch it, it will make your blood boil.It's a new one I think - part of a very interesting series. A reasonably balanced programme. I think I'd still go with refurbing one of the blocks but letting most of them be torn down.

green
31-08-2009, 19:08
Im sorry, even after watching it, im afraid its a huge eyesore on the city, and it needs to be pulled down.

speeder
31-08-2009, 19:09
It's a new one I think - part of a very interesting series. A reasonably balanced programme. I think I'd still go with refurbing one of the blocks but letting most of them be torn down.

Hear hear!!