View Full Version : 78 year old robbed at cash machine

Joe Totale
18-08-2009, 15:51
Just came home from work to discover my father was robbed whilst using the TSB cash machine, next to the Cathedral at 1pm today.

The scumbag managed to get my Dads card, but couldn't get the money (still a feisty Scot even though he's aged 78, deaf, blind in one eye, and the recipient of a triple heart bypass).

Several people were in the queue, waiting to use the atm, no one helped - what a sodding disgrace.

chem1st
18-08-2009, 15:58
That's shocking, is he alright?

There are cameras in that area and they are monitored too.

dazzler4
18-08-2009, 16:00
scumbag!!!!

Kthebean
18-08-2009, 16:04
Thats awful sorry to hear that. Hope your dad is ok.

ukstudent
18-08-2009, 17:07
I take it this has been reported to the police - there should by CCTV around there.

chem1st
18-08-2009, 17:45
There is a single swivel camera above the cash machine, it must have caught the thief when approaching and leaving the machine. It is a SWISS camera, those cameras are monitored by somebody under the town hall.

AndyChef52
18-08-2009, 17:59
******** (sorry for the offensive language), if you have reported this to the Police you should have an incident number, if you are struggling to find anything out send me an e-mail.
God, I hate people who prey on the vulnerable, in fact I hate any one who prey's on anyone !

mort
18-08-2009, 18:00
How appalling, I hope your Dad is ok and I.

depoix
18-08-2009, 18:29
hope the old lad is ok and as for the plonkers stood behind him ,well what can i say ? set of cowards with no backbone, hope the cops catch the thief ,

poppypoppy
18-08-2009, 18:30
Oh goodness me...I hope yr dad is ok...fancy all the people stood at the back of yr dad in the queue and no one came to his aid...they should be thoroughly disgusted with themselves I say....

si bill
18-08-2009, 18:31
scum bags ,cant believe no one helped

tiptop
18-08-2009, 19:18
How can anyone stand by and not help. Hope your Dad is doing ok.

Nicesheff
18-08-2009, 19:48
I am not sure which i am more disgusted at, your dad getting attacked or people just standing by and letting it happen.

Unbeliveable.

MR BENN
18-08-2009, 19:50
complete scum bag -

hope your Dad`s ok

Caitlin09
18-08-2009, 20:01
Aww bless him! Hope he's ok!!

Can't believe noone helped!! :loopy:

treva
18-08-2009, 20:12
discusting!!

hodgepig66
18-08-2009, 20:31
thats just so bad hope he's doing ok poor sod bless him....good job i wasn't there cos the scumbag would have got a right kick in the danggly bits....and how low are the people who just stood there and did nothing....

heeleyrachel
18-08-2009, 21:38
Chop their hands off! Sharia law

lyndix
18-08-2009, 21:41
Sh*t heads!!
hope your dads ok. xxx

Ansp
18-08-2009, 22:09
Scum!

Wish our govmt would introduce REAL punishmets for these scum instead of rattling off crime reduction figures....they arnt in the real world sadly.

People call harsh punishments 'barbaric' but if you ask me..the MPS who force us to live with these scum are the arbaric ones for forcing these us to put up with the theiving scum!

Sorry I wasnt n the queue behind your dad...but in truth with todays knife crime and govmts attitude to vigilantes standing up to cime...I can almost understand people turning a blind eye.

ReginaldD
18-08-2009, 23:30
It is appaling though tobe honest nothing shocks me anymore there aresome scumbags about

Tipex
19-08-2009, 06:18
I am not sure which i am more disgusted at, your dad getting attacked or people just standing by and letting it happen.

Unbeliveable.

I was thinking the same.

Tavit
19-08-2009, 07:02
This happens quite a lot and is all over in a split second by the time the people behind had realised the turd would have been long gone, funny how they never pick a six foot rugby player to rob. Hope your Dads ok and not put off going into town again as is so often the case.

gal-tray
19-08-2009, 09:07
This happens quite a lot and is all over in a split second by the time the people behind had realised the turd would have been long gone, funny how they never pick a six foot rugby player to rob. Hope your Dads ok and not put off going into town again as is so often the case.

yes quite!!! they can only pick on defenseless pensioners, they haven't got the nerve to pick on someone who might have a go back, i really hope their fingers drop off. hope the old chap ok

Joe Totale
19-08-2009, 11:19
Thanks to all the support, my Dads still feeling a bit shook up, suppose his confidence has took a wee knock. He feels embarrased by it all, he's always been able to look after himself - he doesn't like to see himself as old!

He immediately went into the bank after the incident to cancel his cash card, I'm a bit surprised they just let him go straight home, without contacting the police or arranging for him to get home safely. ( however his hearing can be that bad, they may have offered, but it didnt sink in). I'll be in touch with them all later.

Again many thanks.

carbooter10
19-08-2009, 11:52
hope ya ol fella's ok

n they catch the low life that did this

Paul2412
19-08-2009, 11:58
It shows the pitifulness of the robber if he struggled against an OAP with health problems.

As for the people behind, can everyone here honestly say they would tackle the robber? The first thing going through my head would be if no-one is helping the poor guy then would they help me if when I intervene the robber pulls out a knife? The gut instinct is no, they wouldn't and I would end up with either life threatening injuries or dead.

alchresearch
19-08-2009, 12:08
Were any forum members in the queue? If so would they like to say why they did nothing?

Granted, one person taking on a robber may be risky. But if a group took action the robber would mess himself.

Shame on you, whoever you were.

BananaSplit
19-08-2009, 12:12
I'm utterly appalled and sickened.

At both the scumbag, and the people stood behind the poor bloke. I cannot imagine people not helping him, if only to shout NO at the thieving scum.

Hope your Dad recovers from this Joe.

Paul2412
19-08-2009, 12:34
Were any forum members in the queue? If so would they like to say why they did nothing?

Granted, one person taking on a robber may be risky. But if a group took action the robber would mess himself.

Shame on you, whoever you were.

Unfortunately, today's society means that a group of strangers getting together to help someone else is highly unlikely.