Sign in to follow this  

Coldplay - Clocks

Is it just me, or is one of the best records ever! I've currently got it on repeat, and I'm never getting tired of it. It's got such a beautiful melody. I'm not normally a big fan of Coldplay, but this song is terrific!

Originally posted by "Sidla"

Is it just me, or is one of the best records ever! I've currently got it on repeat, and I'm never getting tired of it. It's got such a beautiful melody. I'm not normally a big fan of Coldplay, but this song is terrific!

While Coldplay aren't a bad band they really don't do anything for me lyrics wise. Just not so keen on their writing style. I'll check this song out though.

I agree this song is good, but its not their best.

Coldplay are a top band and deservedly got the "Best Album or the Year" at the Brits.

1st album Parachutes was slightly better. IMO

These are real musicians who play real live music when on TV, not miming like some of the manufactured bands and artists.

They speak out about things that they believe in (whether you agree or not its what rock musicians should do) Agree?

They have given a large chunk of proceeds from this album to Charity

Chris Martin (Lead singer) doesn't do drink drugs etc and gives money to causes he feels strongly about, oh and he is going out with Gywneth Paltrow. What a role model the youth of today!!!!

I never meant to cause you Trouble.............

Parachutes is one of the best albums of its kind, definatly one to look back on in 20 years time and say "how good was that album!"

Originally posted by "mikey"

I agree this song is good, but its not their best.

Coldplay are a top band and deservedly got the "Best Album or the Year" at the Brits.

1st album Parachutes was slightly better. IMO

These are real musicians who play real live music when on TV, not miming like some of the manufactured bands and artists.

They speak out about things that they believe in (whether you agree or not its what rock musicians should do) Agree?

They have given a large chunk of proceeds from this album to Charity

Chris Martin (Lead singer) doesn't do drink drugs etc and gives money to causes he feels strongly about, oh and he is going out with Gywneth Paltrow. What a role model the youth of today!!!!

I never meant to cause you Trouble.............

Having said all that I still can't relate to their music. The lyrics don't give me anything. I much prefer bio graphical and detail orientated writers. Is it me or do a few too many of their songs sound the same?

I agree the lyrics are a bit bizarre but the melody's great! I love the piano riffs, it just sounds so great! I didn't like it for a start either but it's really grown on me ad I think it's the best song that's been around for ages.

It should be number 1, but I highly doubt it will be.

The piano bit is great and it has been in an advert on TV recently, but which one, it's really bugging me! Can anyone tell me?

Its sods law that the advert (whatever it was) was on all the time and the minute I can't think what it is, it's not on anymore!

It was on the BBC's "Television - it's evolving" campaign.

Originally posted by "Sidla"

It was on the BBC's "Television - it's evolving" campaign.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! it has been bugging me all day! :lol:

Coincidentally, I got my tickets to the V festifal today (aka V2003) and coldplay are playing....so I guess I get to hear Clocks live!

Anyone else going?

Amsterdam is their best song by a long way.

It captures the emotion of falling in love near perfectly.

However Bob Dylan's Shelter from the Storm actually perfects this. "Come in she says I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Chris Martin can't sing to save his life. Seeing Coldplay live was so bad I am scarred for life.

For a singer with a voice like an angel check out the below link!

Originally posted by Sidla

I agree. I have it as my mobile phone ring tone.

It's the hypnotic piano.

Although I would not say I am a great fan of theirs.