View Full Version : Childrens entertainer

shefflass952
03-08-2009, 21:53
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a childrens entertainer for 5 year old daughters birthday party. Previously been to Pirate Ship / Tots to ten, etc but would like to do something different this year.

Thanks

natnatt
04-08-2009, 08:55
Hi my sister hired a room out at our local club (Mosborough Miners club for 2 hours for 40) and hired a childrens entertainer, they did disco, party games and a big teddy appearance. My sister provided all her own food and cake. My little niece got to invite all her school class and family, so I think they were 40 kids all in fancy dress. They loved it! About 15 mins before they had food someone nipped to the chippy and got some chips so they had hot food too!!!
Its a family run business, Dad, Mum and Daugther (we managed to get them a bit cheaper if you barter!!!)

'Disco mania' - 07854 408398

Bass Man
04-08-2009, 11:04
The children's entertainer Kimmo is great.
We hired a church hall for my son's birthday party and he went down a storm with both the kids and the adults.
Have also seen him performing at Chatsworth House.
I found him on Google for you http://users.tinyonline.co.uk/jkimmo/
:thumbsup:

this_life
04-08-2009, 11:10
There is another current thread on this subject

this_life
04-08-2009, 11:12
There is another current thread on this subject

Title of thread- '6 Year old girls birthday party'- not sure how to add a link to a thread.

Bass Man
04-08-2009, 11:21
So there is!
Here is the link to it..
http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=500963
:)

booboo240906
06-08-2009, 21:56
Hi There,

I can highly recommend Barney Baloney (Tony Turner) as a children's entertainer. He is absolutely brilliant with the kids and not overly expensive either.

He's got quite a nice website if you want to have a look at it on http://www.barneybaloney.co.uk/index.html

He is fully CRB checked, insured etc and will tailor a party for your needs. Very nice guy - totally suited to entertaining! :thumbsup:

nikki-red
06-08-2009, 22:00
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a childrens entertainer for 5 year old daughters birthday party. Previously been to Pirate Ship / Tots to ten, etc but would like to do something different this year.

Thanks

We hired a hall for my sons 5th birthday party, it was a joint one with my friends son, so was about 80 kids altogether. Looking back my advice would be........DONT HIRE A CLOWN!!!! Although the majority loved it, it never entered my head that a lot of little uns would be scared!!!!

kayie
06-08-2009, 22:02
have a look for marky mark

Poppy9
06-08-2009, 22:13
Try Patsy from Does Size Matter Entertainment

http://www.patsysfunshow.co.uk/page/does_size_matter_ent,

She's a children's entertainer but also books other acts, if you want a DJ ask for Roger (he's fantastic and CRB checked - his day job is policeman not that you'd ever know!) Mr Dan is also brilliant.

shefflass952
06-08-2009, 23:07
Wow
I have watched the link for Kimmo and very intrested (will give him a call tomorrow)

Thankyou everyone for your replys, much appreciated.

StevenSeed
07-08-2009, 05:07
The Prodigy are very good.

mrseggy
07-08-2009, 06:28
Wow
I have watched the link for Kimmo and very intrested (will give him a call tomorrow)

Thankyou everyone for your replys, much appreciated.

Yep Kimmo is ace!! we booked him for my daughters 6th birthday last year, he managed to keep all the kids (30+) entertained for well over and hour!!! they all sat like little angels laughing their heads off!! quite a tallent in my books!! hope your little un has a good day. :)

BIG L
07-08-2009, 06:36
Title of thread- '6 Year old girls birthday party'- not sure how to add a link to a thread.

no ones bothered pal

Armadillo
07-08-2009, 08:21
We had sparky marky for my daughters 5th and everyone inlcuding the adults love him but I think he was quite pricey

Rich Hawke
07-08-2009, 16:22
www.dancedaze.biz street dance birthday parties, competitive prices.

positive feedback

Rich

Beany
09-08-2009, 18:51
Check out at http://www.sparkles-events.com among other services she provides excellent ideas for children's parties and has contacts with many entertainers.

java dove
08-09-2009, 09:02
Go for Wally the clown www.keithspartymagic.co.uk he does a 2hr package with Disco / games / sweets/ animal magic show then he finished with balloon modelling for everyone, phone keith 0114 2476294

algy
08-09-2009, 19:46
Professor Shell

http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(professor-shell-children-s-magical-entertainer)_37051.htm

Used by many Sheffield Schools and Nurseries, coms highly recommended!

innova
08-09-2009, 21:22
sparkles-events are good!!

20LEGEND
11-09-2009, 12:27
Hi. The best children's entertainer by a country mile is a fella called KIMMO, he is outstanding and also keeps the parents entertained. He is not cheap though but then again 'Yer buy cheap, yer buy twice' In fact if you put KIMMO in youtube you can see some of his act. Good luck

jayne shaw
11-09-2009, 13:49
Sparky Marky is brilliant!

Kimmo
18-09-2009, 12:33
Thanks to all who recommended me on this thread - 20LEGEND, the cheque's in the post!! lol. We are lucky to have lots of good entertainers here in Sheffield and most of us get on very well and are happy to recommend an alternative if we are busy.

John

al_partridge
18-09-2009, 12:44
Mr Benn who posts on the forum occasionally is a barrel of laughs, try him.

java dove
13-01-2010, 11:05
y clown / www.keithspartymagic.co.uk CRB checked , All equipment PAT Tested , Member of Equity full insured.

Babooshka
25-01-2010, 19:23
Hi There,

I can highly recommend Barney Baloney (Tony Turner) as a children's entertainer. He is absolutely brilliant with the kids and not overly expensive either.

He's got quite a nice website if you want to have a look at it on http://www.barneybaloney.co.uk/index.html

He is fully CRB checked, insured etc and will tailor a party for your needs. Very nice guy - totally suited to entertaining! :thumbsup:

Just making my first foray in to the world of children's entertainers for an upcoming birthday party. I enquired about cost with this guy. My jaw nearly hit the floor. I can not believe this is what it costs to hire an entertainer for a mere hour. It's insane!!!!!

Miss M
25-01-2010, 19:33
get a bouncy castle instead!!!!

jenz245
25-01-2010, 19:39
Just making my first foray in to the world of children's entertainers for an upcoming birthday party. I enquired about cost with this guy. My jaw nearly hit the floor. I can not believe this is what it costs to hire an entertainer for a mere hour. It's insane!!!!!

just out of curiosity how much an hour?

All so does anyone no of any entertainers who dress up as either a charater or just something like a big bear or dinosaur?

Catering for young children upto about 7.

Babooshka
25-01-2010, 19:52
100 for an hour.....that's before hall hire and food etc.

I think...not on this occasion!!!! Needing some other ideas now! I refuse to pay that much.

laineyiow
25-01-2010, 20:04
Whatever happened to Andy the Clown?

jenz245
25-01-2010, 20:05
100 for an hour.....that's before hall hire and food etc.

I think...not on this occasion!!!! Needing some other ideas now! I refuse to pay that much.

Think thats pretty reasonable.

Bouncy castles start at around 40 for the day.

All depends on your budget and how many kids etc.

I would say that a party for 20 kids is easily going to set you back 150-200.

Thats why my daughter will be having one evry other year!

Miss M
25-01-2010, 20:29
large bouncy castle cost me 40 for entire day, pass the parcel, pizza sticks and chips, cupcakes and chocolate fingers. done.

summer time, give them a hose pipe and leave them to it. children are very imaginative....

MissChatter
25-01-2010, 20:33
hillsborough arena do kids parties inc bouncy castle ones, and entertainers the best one is sparky marky

jenz245
25-01-2010, 20:37
large bouncy castle cost me 40 for entire day, pass the parcel, pizza sticks and chips, cupcakes and chocolate fingers. done.

summer time, give them a hose pipe and leave them to it. children are very imaginative....

Of course you can do them cheaper at home.

I meant outside of the house. Im wanting a bouncy castle, will prob do the chips, pizza etc then some decorations, party pags a couple of games and a cake call that 50 but I also have the added fee of hiring somewhere as my garden is too small!

if at home your still looking at 100 i would say if adding bouncy castle etc.
:)

Miss M
25-01-2010, 20:42
how about your local community centre? These are often overlooked. I live near shirecliffe and we use the centre for 10 an hour......... bog enough to have a castle INSIDE.. with chairs and table for crafts and running around space...

Miss M
25-01-2010, 20:43
and i meant to add - home bargains in hillsbro and at parkway do some great goodies for gift bags at 79p... water pistols, games etc

jenz245
25-01-2010, 21:00
and i meant to add - home bargains in hillsbro and at parkway do some great goodies for gift bags at 79p... water pistols, games etc

Thinking of hiring a local hall. Im in s2 and think I may enquire about spires which is near me.
Will def be going to home bargains its my fave shop lol
Oh I certainly know where to get my bargains from but I honestly didn't know community halls were as cheap as that and I even expected bouncy castles to be much more it was only today I found the price out for them!
Mybe I can reduce my budget and get myself a treat!:hihi:

Babooshka
25-01-2010, 21:03
100 per hour reasonable?????? Pilots dont earn that much!!!!!!

Miss M
25-01-2010, 21:05
hahah i love homebargains.. i LIVE in that shop. They also have pinyatas for 5. Community Halls have to be that cheap. click the link and you get a rough idea for them

http://www.shirecliffe.org.uk/prices.htm

i know it says ask for childrens parties but this is because they offer a package but many other halls are similar prices.

jenz245
25-01-2010, 21:08
hahah i love homebargains.. i LIVE in that shop. They also have pinyatas for 5. Community Halls have to be that cheap. click the link and you get a rough idea for them

http://www.shirecliffe.org.uk/prices.htm

i know it says ask for childrens parties but this is because they offer a package but many other halls are similar prices.

Going to get a pinyatas when im next there ... seen them a few times. do you just fill them with toys/sweets of your choice. Never done one and only ever seen them on american t.v shows.

thanks for the link

Miss M
25-01-2010, 21:13
theres a pull top and fill it with sweets - not chocolate coz it gets squished lol. theyre good fun but dependant on where you hire they will put them up for you as they can take some bashing. Another good game for kids to play is to tie a balloon to one leg with a bit of slack on the string for it to drag on the floor then they have to run around popping them without someone standing on theirs. The one with a balloon at the end is the winner.

And, most if not all community centres have a kitchen so you can cook on site...

a good tip I learned with kids is to have a cool down at the end. so deflate the castle but distract them with a quiet game first - a fave is dead fish or pass the parcel. works wonders to stop tantrums on kids that just dont want to get off the castle lol... im excited and its not even my party hahaha xx

onewheeldave
25-01-2010, 23:01
100 per hour reasonable?????? Pilots dont earn that much!!!!!!

It's not 100 per hour though- it's 100 for one hour.

Self employed rates in that and similar lines of work aren't comparable to the hourly rates of those who have full or part time regular employment.

It's not like a children's entertainer is going to be doing an 8 hour day and getting 100 for each of those hours- chances are that that one hour will be his/her only gig that day (or in the off-season, the only gig of the week)

Neither will he/she be getting the benefits that those in regular employment take for granted i.e. holiday pay, sick pay etc.

Out of the 100 he/she earns that day, has to come the costs of running the vehicle, time spent traveling to/from the gig and prep time, admin time and time spent trying to get the gigs in the first place(otherwise unpaid), tax (self assessment), equpiment costs etc, etc.

To do that 1 hour gig probably takes up more like 4 hours, making it more like 25/hour, which, with all the other issues mentioned above, is sounding a lot more reasonable.

After all, if being a self-employed children's entertainer is such a cushy proposition, then everyone would be packing in their jobs and doing it, wouldn't they? :)

Mentalmomma
09-06-2010, 07:16
We've been quoted 75 for first our, then 35for each hour after that, which i thought very reasonable. x

Mentalmomma
09-06-2010, 07:22
Be aware that some community buildings have very strict rulings with regards to parties and ages allowed. One of our local buildings doesn't allow parties for over 8year olds, which pretty much stuffs us, as only one of my boys is still under that age. :(

Campanula
09-06-2010, 08:53
We had sparky marky for my daughters 5th and everyone inlcuding the adults love him but I think he was quite pricey

I also vouch for Sparky Marky - seen him on the children's party circuit a few times and he's really good!