Classic Rock Bar

Hiya...

I'm new round these parts having just moved back to the Sheffield area from London. I'm thinkin' about going to the Robin Black gig on Thursday and wondered if anybody else was going to be trundlin' along & strutting their stuff?

I've heard good things about this place but never been before - largely because nobody up here will go with me (can someone rescue me from trendy hell??) Anyway, I thought I'd go along on Thursday and see what all the fuss is about - plus the 2 bands on the bill are fab - good eye candy too! :)

Luv Kazzi*

Welcome Kazzi to the probably the best forum on the net.

I suggest you do a search on the forum for threads/posts about The Classic Rock Bar. You'll be amazed at how many hits you'll get. You see, The Classic Rock is the un-official pub of The Sheffield Forum and the landlady is a regular contributor. Say hello to her on Thursday. I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time.

Heh, if I wasn't at a rehearsal on thursday I'd join ya! Have you been to corporation yet? I've only been 3 or 4 times but last saturday was brilliant! They played all classic metal, thrash and rock tunes - Sore neck on monday though!!

Also worth checking out is the Dove and Rainbow (my local) which is behind the 'Banker's Draft' pub, near Argos in the city centre. I can give you directions if you'd like...

Enjoy the bands!!:headbang:

I'll be at the gig on Thursday - I'm the drunken idiot playing air guitar! I went to see Robin Black in July and they were amazing, you'll have a great time!!!

Rock on!!!:headbang:

Hi everyone, im linds aka mimi, n im bored n cant sleep so thought joinin summat like this would be a good idea! cool anyhoo im from sheffield n attempted music college in london, hated it(the ppl are arsey down there etc..) n moved up to sheffield n findin it abit ****ty cos all i find are all the new uni ppl in there pointy shoes! go to corp quite alot on saturday nights-nice n heavy. anyone else do the rock thang? cos i dont see it!

mimi

hey classica rock bar, whats ur name n how will i kno whos who on the bar!! ill pop round laters to see ya n check out the classic rock bar. i hope to hear maiden.....

Very good thanx!!! Got far too drunk though.

Drugdealer cheerleader were a great support band, and Robin Black were their usual chaotic selves. Great fun!

And sorry for breaking in "backstage" - the drummer said it was ok though!!!

Probly not really relevant to this post but went in Classic Rock Bar on Friday night..was a bit sceptical...old Jolly Buffer and all that...was pleasantly suprised....Always good to hear top rock tunes from 80's and 90's...It had that look and feel that loads of rock bars seem to have...not a bad thing..reminds of nights gone by in the Carlton Club in Warrington and Maximes in Wigan....good place anyway...will pop n again sometimes and maybe even pluck up the courage to do some air guitar moves

Carlton Club in Warrington [/b]

I used to be a regular in the Carlton club in Warrington 88-91. Loved the place!