A muse on making comparisons.

A samurai, a very proud warrior, came to see a Zen Master one day. The samurai was very famous, but looking at the Master, just looking at the grace and beauty of the man, he suddenly felt inferior.

"Why am I feeling inferior? Just a moment ago everything was okay. As I entered your court suddenly I feel inferior and that has never happened before."

The Master said, "Wait. When everybody else has gone I will answer your question."

As the day progressed, more and more people came and went and the samurai began to feel more frustrated and tired. Eventually, however, they were alone.

"Now can you answer me?" asked the samurai.

The Master said, "Come outside."

It was a full moon night, the moon just rising above the horizon. "Look at these trees," said the Master, "this tree here reaching high into the sky...and this small one beside it...they have both existed outside my window for years and there has never been any problem. The smaller tree has never said to the big tree, "Why do I feel inferior to you?...this tree is small and this tree is big...why have I never heard it?"

The samurai said, "Because they cannot compare."

The Master replied, "Then you need not ask me. You already know the answer.

I love the wisdom of this story. It reminds me that EVERYONE is NEEDED! Nobody is higher and nobody is lower...nobody inferior...nobody superior.!

All blessings that are mine to give are given to each and every one of you. :love:

A samurai, a very proud warrior, came to see a Zen Master one day. The samurai was very famous, but looking at the Master, just looking at the grace and beauty of the man, he suddenly felt inferior.

"Why am I feeling inferior? Just a moment ago everything was okay. As I entered your court suddenly I feel inferior and that has never happened before."

The Master said, "Wait. When everybody else has gone I will answer your question."

As the day progressed, more and more people came and went and the samurai began to feel more frustrated and tired. Eventually, however, they were alone.

"Now can you answer me?" asked the samurai.

The Master said, "Come outside."

It was a full moon night, the moon just rising above the horizon. "Look at these trees," said the Master, "this tree here reaching high into the sky...and this small one beside it...they have both existed outside my window for years and there has never been any problem. The smaller tree has never said to the big tree, "Why do I feel inferior to you?...this tree is small and this tree is big...why have I never heard it?"

The samurai said, "Because they cannot compare."

The Master replied, "Then you need not ask me. You already know the answer.

I love the wisdom of this story. It reminds me that EVERYONE is NEEDED! Nobody is higher and nobody is lower...nobody inferior...nobody superior.!

All blessings that are mine to give are given to each and every one of you. :love:

Or another reason: trees don't speak

I admire your generous spirit Swami, but I don't agree with you on this one, although I don't believe in superiority, there are definitely many inferior scrotes.

Excellent Swami - I will pass your wise words onto Mrs. Bozo immediately.....

I admire your generous spirit Swami, but I don't agree with you on this one, although I don't believe in superiority, there are definitely many inferior scrotes.

Quite. Comparisons can be made between hard working, honest, decent people and low life scum who beat up old ladies and torture puppies.

One I would invite round my house for a drink and the other I would not pee on if they were on fire.

Comparison can be made based on the behaviours of people.

It's ok to disagree. :thumbsup:

It's ok to disagree. :thumbsup:

Better than ok eh to old Swami? Surely it's great or something (with one of these in for good measure:love:)

Keep up the good work:thumbsup: