Sign in to follow this  

Existend

Existend - 4th Dec. - Corporation

Check out Existend at Corporation on 4th Dec.

Playing alongside : Hipshakes, Heckla, Redherrin + Studio8.

This gig has been hotly tipped + is expected to sell out within the next couple of days, limited tickets will be available on the door.

Tickets available from Jacks Records.

Existend were amazingly well received at their first gig at The Boardwalk on Nov. 10th. A dark rock band with some fantastic tracks, their mission is to remind the world just how great guitar players can be as well as rocking you all the way to the finish while they're doing it.

For a great night with a packed out atmosphere and some fantastic music, you won't get better than this!!

Also playing - Dec. 17th - The Boardwalk

As main supports to Silent Partners - rated by Northern Exposure as their "hotly tipped" band. Silent Partners have received a huge amount of press around the Manchester region, their hype means the place should be packed out completely.

Come down + check it out!!

I went down to the Boardwalk a couple of weeks ago and i heard existend play and they were not impressive at all!!

No offence but me and my mates thought they were a bit of a mess. The guitarist was ok but they were out of time and it was all v.blurry, the singer was out of tune and the lyrics all reminded me too much of metallica. they might improve cos it was their first gig but i certainly didnt think they were good enough to see again.

No offence but have you heard existend? they were awful.

Guest sickboy

Too right!

I went to see them at the Boardwalk, when they said it was their first gig. However on these forums they are implying that they have been playing for a while!

Quote from a previous thread by "dave" -

"Existend - Relatively new band, starting their Winter "Rockarama" Tour in a few weeks...make sure you check them out! They're rock with gothic influences, and an amazin lead guitarist. I've seen them a few times, and they have to be my *HOT* pick for the moment. If I find any dates, I'll let ya know."

Since they said the Boardwalk was their first gig I don't see how you can have seen them "a few times". Self promotion in my opinion. I see you have posted other threads about Existend - I'm guessing you are a band member? Dark and Gothic? Not a chance!

Besides which I paid £3.50 to see that rubbish! The singer was appalling, the "amazing lead guitarist" seemed to think that playing as fast (and tunelessly) as possibly amounts to great guitaring, the drummer was all out of time and the lyrics were the most unoriginal nonsense I have ever heard!

I've seen plenty of bands at the Boardwalk in my time, and usually I'm very supportive but when I see such sly self promotion of an appalling band I have to speak up!!!!

Fairy nuf, thankx for your opinions guys.

Some of the guys in the band used to be in another band "The Focus" and I saw them there. My apologies if I didn't make myself clear on the subject.

Even if you didn't like Existend, I hear Silent Partners are a very good band. Their singer has performed on TOTP in previous band Northside who also had sell out tours in UK + Japan (see http://www.nx.rocks.it for details)

Definately worth having a look at...

Yes guys it is self-promotion. For all those unlucky enough to have seen the band twice (not through choice) they will have realised the ever-famous “DAVE” is the singer…… The mark of amateurs biging yourself up because no one of any importance will do it for you. Guys a little advice if your going to sing and play music like hard men get the image you look like a bunch of school kids on stage. and god knows what gender the singer is. Get some image get some attitude and get someone pro to review you instead of “hot picking” yourself. The singing was sourly out of tune the bass was fumbled the drums kept missing beats and the guitarist was talented. But used way too much synth. Sounded like a keyboard player having a orgasm in the background. And as for the singing…. Dude if you can sing in tune please do it would save us all earache. Loved the solos though fast like Eddie skilled like Vai the guitar dude will go far.. rest of you.. get lessons

give them a break guys..

give em respect for what they do creative critasism is one thing all out bashing is another.

we have all been there and theres no point putting them down for it. as for self promotion when your startign out its the only promotion you have.

their worth seeing if only to see steff solo. try to keep an open mind and not put people down for having a go.... cos i bet half of you critisising havnt ever stood infront of a mic on stage and put youself in that situation.