Mark morris (lead singer of bluetones) live @ boardwalk mon 27th!

Mark Morris of Bluetones is Live @ Boardwalk on Monday 27th April.

He will be performing an acoustic set of his solo material and some bluetones classics.

Support comes from

Risky Heroes

Diskokiss

The Regulars

The Legion

All bands are Indie pop, check out there myspace pages to have a listen.

Its a 5'er entry and a 16+ night. doors @ 7:30pm

When i am sad and weary, when all my hope is gone, I walk around my house and think of you with nothing on.:o

Anyone who writes lyrics like that is alright by me. Myself and KTHFB will be there if anyone else wants to come along with us!

Ooh, I might be tempted to join you Edna! Saw the Bluetones years ago... and it was years ago too. They were good though.

(I'm getting old)

Ooh, I might be tempted to join you Edna! Saw the Bluetones years ago... and it was years ago too. They were good though.

(I'm getting old)

Should be good Feargal! Definitely. We are aiming to get there for 7:30 but I'll Pm you. x

Oh, we'll be there alright.

I'm looking forward to him singing My Unwanted Friend - an of course, hopefully an accoustic version of Keep The Home Fires Burning...

When i am sad and weary, when all my hope is gone, I walk around my house and think of you with nothing on.:o

Anyone who writes lyrics like that is alright by me. Myself and KTHFB will be there if anyone else wants to come along with us!

I'm a big Bluetones fan (possibly my favourite band), but I'm afraid I have to shatter you illusions about those lyrics - they're nicked from the following poem:

Celia Celia

by Adrian Mitchell

When I am sad an weary,

When I think all hope has gone,

When I walk along High Holborn

I think of you with nothing on

Sorry! :(

I'm a big Bluetones fan (possibly my favourite band), but I'm afraid I have to shatter you illusions about those lyrics - they're nicked from the following poem:

Celia Celia

by Adrian Mitchell

When I am sad an weary,

When I think all hope has gone,

When I walk along High Holborn

I think of you with nothing on

Sorry! :(

ooh thanks for that! I'd not seen it before! Oh well, well pinched then!!:D

Did you go Nicky Cheese?

Anyway this gig was all of the aceness. It was very intimate but meant there was a bit of crowd banter and a few false starts as a result. In fact at first I thought it was a private gig for KTHFB as Mark played Keep the home fires burning and then a cover of Sam Sparrow's Black and Gold.

Meanwhile I loved Marblehead Johnson and of course Slight Return and the cover of Call the Shots was brilliant too. A few lesser known tunes and some of his own stuff made me want to get out my old Bluetones albums.

I can't get Home fires out of my head today....

ooh thanks for that! I'd not seen it before! Did you go Nicky Cheese?

'Fraid not - a 6 month old son means I'm currently "Never Going Nowhere" :) ...

It WAS a private gig for me! I told him to dedicate a song for me as he told me the wrong date for it on facebook. We decided to keep it quiet though between ourselves - and that's why he didn't actually mention it..... ;)

Waaah! I'm really sorry I missed this one. Curses to work and all it's horrors. :mad: