Tramlines Festival Sheffield - We Want Your Band!

Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys), Reverend and Toddla T join forces to showcase the music city of Sheffield

Every once in a while, an event comes along that re-writes the rules, creates an massive buzz, and offers up an unparalleled opportunity to raise awareness of your city and all it has to offer. Presenting Tramlines ’09.

The Facts

Tramlines ’09, which takes place July 24 – 26, sees Sheffield’s leading musicians joining forces to create a celebration of the city’s vibrant musical scene and outstanding musical heritage.

Touted as an ‘urban Glastonbury’, the festival will take over Sheffield and feature line-ups from a host of famous names, local bands and very special guests. Curators on a local level currently include Jon McClure (Reverend & The Makers), Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys) and Toddla T – while, from outside the city, the likes of Drowned In Sound and Ibiza Rocks have all lent their support. Best of all, it’s completely free.

Taking place across the city in several dedicated venues, on the street and on two outside stages, Tramlines ’09 will also feature a lively community music fringe festival.

Get Involved

Fact is, Sheffield has never seen anything like this before. and with Tramlines ’09 set to become an annual event on the city calendar, this is your chance to get in on the ground level of something a little bit special.

Do your band wish to play in one of the many venues hosting Tramlines '09 across the weekend of July 24 -26th? If so, reply back to us with your availability and we'll notify you with further information.

Edited by Tramlines

I'm looking forward to this greatly and am proud that Mentholmans@West St Live are part of it!

Calling all bands.......you really need to be involved with this.

Any tickets news? How much? How can we get them?

this got a mention on the news on radio 6 this morning....i knew the forum would have some answers!

x

just heard the radio 6 bulletin again and its free!

would love to know where some of the venues are going to be though....i feel some summer picnics coming on!

x

just heard the radio 6 bulletin again and its free!

would love to know where some of the venues are going to be though....i feel some summer picnics coming on!

x

And some meets.....be it "unofficial" on here or on the site that cannot be mentioned - ye book of face :hihi:

coolio!! would also love to knopw some venue and line up news!

Yey! :thumbsup:

I've been going to the Middlesbrough festival every year now for a while (which is free)and has featured some big stars in the past and present - Ash last year(yey), Zutons this year (tiny yey) and loads of up and coming bands and i've always been embarrassed that our fair city can't do this.

We did it once, sort of, with Sport Aid which was brilliant for those of us old enough to remember! :rolleyes::D

Do we get a say in some of the bands? Is there going to be a forum like there is for Middlesbrough? Do any of the Monkeys go to Middlesbrough cos that is how it is done, not like Live at Leeds festival where you can't get in anywhere to see anyone :rolleyes:

N.B. If Alex would like a lift to Middlesbrough to check things out, I'd be happy to provide one. ;):hihi: