Sign in to follow this  

Sheff Utd are not going up

Ive been to see three sheffield united games at bramall lane since i arrived at uni and im afraid to say that they are not good enough to go up, well if i keep going anyway. There have been 5 home games for them since ive been here, the three i went to they have lost, 2-0 qpr, 1-0 sunderland and 2-1 reading and the two i havent been to they have won. Im not a fan of sheff utd at all and have really enjoyed seeing them lose. I believe these are the only 3 games they have lost at home all season, surely that is evidence enough i am a jinx???

Originally posted by sheffieldfox

Ive been to see three sheffield united games at bramall lane since i arrived at uni and im afraid to say that they are not good enough to go up, well if i keep going anyway. There have been 5 home games for them since ive been here, the three i went to they have lost, 2-0 qpr, 1-0 sunderland and 2-1 reading and the two i havent been to they have won. Im not a fan of sheff utd at all and have really enjoyed seeing them lose. I believe these are the only 3 games they have lost at home all season, surely that is evidence enough i am a jinx???

Interesting perspective. Out of interest, who do you support? :cool:

I'm a leicester city fan, hence the username sheffieldfox.

Oh I see. Gary Lineker's team...:D

Well stay away then :?

Interesting how you can predict whether a team will achieve promotion on the basis of 3 games during a spell of injuries to key players.

Originally posted by Agent ****

Interesting how you can predict whether a team will achieve promotion on the basis of 3 games during a spell of injuries to key players.

yeah my thoughts exactly

every team has to cope with injuries to key players. If you can't play every time brown, jagielka or tonge is out for example, then you don't deserve to go up. Brown in my opinion looked very poor in the two out of the 3 games he played in, although tonge and jagielka looked very good, especially jagielka. the reading game was a bit of a smash-and-grab raid, but the sunderland and qpr games were pretty poor.

Brown has only played 11 out of 20 league games this season due to injury. Both Jagielka and Tonge have played all 20 league games this season. Being that we are 3rd and only 3 points of the top how did you come to the above conclusion?

sheffieldfox,

wot is the point cuming to sheff utd games if ur not a fan! wot do ya do wen the other team scores? And u cannot decide whether sheff utd r going up to the premiership (i hope they do) or not on just watching three games!! U cant be a true fan to wot ever nobhed team u support!! U r the biggest prik in the world, u dont know ought about football, u should be a piggy fan (sheff wed) if u wanna see a teamk noit go up but go down!! Now they r a **** team if ive ever seen 1!!!

every team has to cope with injuries to key players. If you can't play every time brown, jagielka or tonge is out for example, then you don't deserve to go up. Brown in my opinion looked very poor in the two out of the 3 games he played in, although tonge and jagielka looked very good, especially jagielka. the reading game was a bit of a smash-and-grab raid, but the sunderland and qpr games were pretty poor.

Brown has looked poor all season due to his injuries and the fact that he probably wont be with us for much longer. You obviously didn't pay much attention to the matches or you would have noticed Tonge and Jagielka didn't exactly have storming games.

It's the sign of a good side when a team is second in the league despite injuries and average performances. Just wait until we start playing well...

I don't really care for if they go up or not..if they do it is cause they have deserved it and fair enough..personally I think the Premier league can do without another hoof it and run long ball team with not enough money or potential to make an impact...and an disrespectful idiot for a manager....I guess we'll find out soon enough