Forthcoming Terminator movie

I just read this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1134883/Christian-Bales-foul-mouthed-rant-Terminator-crew-member-caught-tape.html about Christian Bale throwing a strop and behaving really badly.

Now, this is a film I'd probably go and see (specially with my new Unlimited card) but, I think I'll be giving that one a miss. My singular stand point that the film company who employed that idiot won't get any of my money, nor the contribution made in exchange for my prepaid ticket.

I hate it when they get so far involved in rectal cranial inversion that they can't see what they've become.

Thing is, though, if you were working on a film, filming to around 14 hours or more each day, constantly being pressed to do one more take, one more take, one more take, then i'd imagine there would be times when you'd lose your rag at someone (heck, many people do that without even working long hours). Most actors are guilty of doing exactly the same, and reports fly out from most sets of disputes and rants (George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Kevin Costner, Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Wesley Snipes....all have had reports at one time or another of spats on set - and that is far from a complete list). So, do you avoid their films too? The only reason this is big news is that the recording was sent to the insurance team so that if Bale did walk off and quit they could recoup some costs. You could note how:-

a) he finished filming

b) no mention is made in any reports as to whether the DP who annoyed Bale was fired (leadiong me to suspect that he wasn't and that the air was cleared between the pair)

The fact that McG (the director) didn't see anything, and doesn't even attempt to calm the situation simply showcases that here we have a film set where the guy in charge is not actually keeping control on anything. No wonder tempers get frayed!

I could spout other reasons why I am not bothered with seeing this film (McG directing for a start...come on...he made Charlie's Angels!!!), but an overpublicised report of yet-another-actor-tantrum is not going to sway my opinion on a film. After all, Russel Crowe is a notorious scrote, but still delivers great performances.

Edited by Beakerzoid

Meh, it just isn't Terminator without Arnie.

Thing is, though, if you were working on a film, filming to around 14 hours or more each day, constantly being pressed to do one more take, one more take, one more take, then i'd imagine there would be times when you'd lose your rag at someone (heck, many people do that without even working long hours). Most actors are guilty of doing exactly the same, and reports fly out from most sets of disputes and rants (George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Kevin Costner, Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Wesley Snipes....all have had reports at one time or another of spats on set - and that is far from a complete list). So, do you avoid their films too? The only reason this is big news is that the recording was sent to the insurance team so that if Bale did walk off and quit they could recoup some costs. You could note how:-

a) he finished filming

b) no mention is made in any reports as to whether the DP who annoyed Bale was fired (leadiong me to suspect that he wasn't and that the air was cleared between the pair)

The fact that McG (the director) didn't see anything, and doesn't even attempt to calm the situation simply showcases that here we have a film set where the guy in charge is not actually keeping control on anything. No wonder tempers get frayed!

I could spout other reasons why I am not bothered with seeing this film (McG directing for a start...come on...he made Charlie's Angels!!!), but an overpublicised report of yet-another-actor-tantrum is not going to sway my opinion on a film. After all, Russel Crowe is a notorious scrote, but still delivers great performances.

I can see your point, I think I've read more about Bale showing off than any other though, which didn't tick my boxes for his elevated position.

I've done looooong days in performance, on tv and in theatre and consider myself fortunate and got paid peanuts. I've never been a fan of superiority on set or stage, it's all fortune and favour.

There are certain actors I dislike for one reason or another and Bale is one of them but this pushes it that bit further for me. I hated his first lame attempt at Batman and was unimpressed he got the role but he really kicked it up a notch for the second. I've been hooked on Batman since Keaton and have very critical views :)

Still, always interesting for getting others views.

BTW - was worth seeing the end of Seven Pounds, ty )

BTW - was worth seeing the end of Seven Pounds, ty )

Glad you liked it - really enjoyed Seven Pounds myself (had me welling up by the end of it, even though I had worked out what was going to happen early on)

Maybe Bale is a hard working passionate actor who can only take so much before he snaps?

In the right role i think he is great. The Machinist, 3:10 to Yuma (crap film but Bale was good).

Hmmm, just heard it on youtube... sounds like a reaalllly bad case of PMT! I'd have gone mad if anyone had spoken to me like that.

I don't get why it's even news. A guy who's concentrating on being a shouty fighty man on film gets angry when someone messes up his shot.

Who cares if he's an ass, or not an ass, or pretending to be a ass, or OMG TRYING TO DO HIS JOB. If you're going to boycott any film that's had any kind of tension on set, you're going to be reduced to exclusively watching Hugh Grant films.

i still don't see why nick stahl from terminator 3 couldn't have kept the role, he did a pretty decent job in that and sin city. or is it just another example of big names draw in the crowds?!?

or is it just another example of big names draw in the crowds?!?

Personally, I wouldn't be so categorical. I believe Bale is actually a really good fit, given the direction taken: block-busterish still, for sure, but less one-dimensional. Think 'Harsh Times', but with an AAA budget and a huge franchise name. Moreover, insofar as AAA action flicks are concerned, is Bale that much of a crowd-puller, really?

Another example springs to mind ("film or talent list for pulling crowds"): I'm salivating at this, but more so in anticipiation of the 'experience' than because of the talent list. Then again, one will probably make the other, and reciprocally.

Edited by L00b