Ice/Roller Hockey clubs

Hi,

Im going to be moving to Sheffield next Jan. Is there any Ice Hockey / Roller Hockey teams / clubs that I could join? If so how much do they cost? I've never played hockey before but im good skater.

On the Ice Hockey Side of things there are two rec hockey teams

Sheffield Blazers

Sheffield Stallions

The Sheffield Blazers have both an A and B Team, whereas the Stallions are for the more experienced player. They both train out of Ice Sheffield. There is also a rec hockey drop in session at queens road on a sturday and sunday for beginners.

Not sure about roller hockey teams but there are some inline ones who play out of virtual ice in rotherham.

For Inline why not visit http://www.sheffieldsteelheads.com

The Steelheads are a rec inline team, made up from the fans of the Sheffield Steelers, just a load of guys and gals who wanted to give it a go.

One of there Goalies is the greatest goalie ever ;) or is it me?:thumbsup:

LOL

Cheers

Kerry

If searching for any kind of sports group in the region you could try http://www.yorkshiresport.org.uk/lookup.htm - coverage is patchy at present and they will add any new groups they are advised of. Not much help to you I'm afraid, only 3 Ice/roller hockey for the whole of Yorks and Humber at present.