Golden Globes - thoughts/opinions

ok so Golden Globes. What do you think?

Did Slumdog deserve best pic?

IMO it did. IT is a great film everyone should go and see for lots of different reasons.

For those who didn't catch the winners, the film related ones were (with my comments on those I've seen)....

CECIL B. DeMILLE AWARD: Steven Spielberg. (good to see him get this before he messes his career any further with more Indy crap :) )

DRAMA: "Slumdog Millionaire." (Danny Boyle's latest is a pretty good movie - nice win)

MUSICAL OR COMEDY: "Vicky Cristina Barcelona."

FOREIGN-LANGUAGE: "Waltz With Bashir."

DIRECTOR: Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire." (Yeah, I'd go with this one. Always rated Boyle, and he's shown a great versatility for different styles)

DRAMATIC ACTOR: Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler."

DRAMATIC ACTRESS: Kate Winslet, "Revolutionary Road."

ACTOR, COMEDY OR MUSICAL: Colin Farrell, "In Bruges." (Wasn't sure on this at first, but the more I recall watching In Bruges, the more I agree with the win...must watch it again)

ACTRESS, COMEDY OR MUSICAL: Sally Hawkins, "Happy-Go-Lucky,"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight." (Great portrayal of Joker, but really?? Best supporting actor?? Better than Hoffman?)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Kate Winslet, "The Reader."

BEST SCREENPLAY: Simon Beaufoy, "Slumdog Millionaire" (With the stiff competition of Doubt, Frost/Nixon, and Benjamin Button, I'm not really convinced of the win here)

BEST ORIGINAL SONG: Bruce Springsteen, "The Wrestler" (from "The Wrestler")

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE: A.R. Rahman, "Slumdog Millionaire" (Well, it was definitely a great soundtrack, and offered something different than the other films on offer, so yeah!)

CECIL B. DeMILLE AWARD: Steven Spielberg.

DRAMA: "Slumdog Millionaire." (Really liked this film, might be seeing it again at the weekend!)

MUSICAL OR COMEDY: "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." (Not out yet and dont even know much about it!)

FOREIGN-LANGUAGE: "Waltz With Bashir." (Thought it was quite good, but would have liked The Orphanage to have got it!)

DIRECTOR: Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire."

DRAMATIC ACTOR: Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler." (Can't wait to see this on Sunday!)

DRAMATIC ACTRESS: Kate Winslet, "Revolutionary Road." (Seeing this on 29th, very depressing apparantly!)

ACTOR, COMEDY OR MUSICAL: Colin Farrell, "In Bruges." (Definately agree with this, probably one of my fave films of last year!)

ACTRESS, COMEDY OR MUSICAL: Sally Hawkins, "Happy-Go-Lucky,"

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight."

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Kate Winslet, "The Reader." (Didn't fancy this, but might try and see it before it finishes)

BEST SCREENPLAY: Simon Beaufoy, "Slumdog Millionaire"

BEST ORIGINAL SONG: Bruce Springsteen, "The Wrestler" (from "The Wrestler")

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE: A.R. Rahman, "Slumdog Millionaire"