View Full Version : My first new year knit, what is yours?

dccjb
09-01-2009, 13:43
Hello I thought I would add my first knitted item of 2009
I think it looks great on my daughters new reborn doll, this pattern & size is also suitable for a 0-3 mth old baby.
Have you any 2009 knits to add?

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w145/jet172/Madison1.jpg

beansforyou
09-01-2009, 13:52
Thats really sweet, i'm just finishing mine, it's a cardi and it's taken me ages but i'm going to class it as a 2009 knit as i've done most of it this last week or so.

Photo's when i've finished!

Becky B
09-01-2009, 14:02
I've nearly finished the chicken jacket, but I've been sidetracked by a new idea (that wasn't on my list of things to knit :rolleyes:, I think I can see why I never get anything finished!) - photos when it's finished and when I get my new camera...

dccjb
09-01-2009, 14:03
Thats really sweet, i'm just finishing mine, it's a cardi and it's taken me ages but i'm going to class it as a 2009 knit as i've done most of it this last week or so.

Photo's when i've finished!

Thankyou, I'm going to do the same outfit in Pink with white trim next, then white with pink trim.
Is the cardi you are doing an adults or a childs?

Mr&MrsRadish
09-01-2009, 16:22
On my fourth pair of kids legwarmers for the person i knit for and a crochet giraffe for a birthday present.

beansforyou
09-01-2009, 16:58
Thankyou, I'm going to do the same outfit in Pink with white trim next, then white with pink trim.
Is the cardi you are doing an adults or a childs?

it's an adults, I can't link to a pattern as it's out of my head ( that wouldn't be pretty!)

sherakapod
09-01-2009, 18:52
started a hat for my dear husband- bless him- and have invented a 'jazz' style of knitting. You know jazz - more notes than you should to make it sound 'fancy'. I have added more stitches s,o now I have started decreasing the pattern has gone all..........jazzed up!
Bu**er!.
So the next thread should be "anyone frogging their first item of the new year?"
:gag:

Becky B
11-01-2009, 16:38
I am impressed with myself for completing a whole project in 3 days (that includes ripping it out and starting again!). Tried it out today - the wind blows through it a bit but it's not bad.
Now I'm going to make one for my friend as a birthday present - I might try stripes on this one :-)
Photos to follow - the camera still isn't here yet...
Oh, just realised I haven't said what it is! It's a headwarmer to keep ears and head warm and leave space for a ponytail. This idea could keep me going for a while, I want to try more variations :D