The Matrix Revolutions

WOW WOW WOW....who's seen it yet? Am dying to get the debate going!

So did you get it? Did it all make sense? Did you enjoy it? Were you disappointed? If so, why? It did make sense to me totally (apart from a couple of minor bits which I will chat about once I know people have seen it and get your opinions on it!). I thought it ended brilliantly and was so very clever. It didn't turn out exactly how I thought it would in some ways, in fact it was far more scary how it concluded!

Watch out people, this could happen....it may already be happening... :)

Umm... I may be showing my ignorance here, but- what the hell was going on in that film? If there was a point, besides showijng how many special effects you can get into a film, then please enlighten me. My mate says that there are a load of biblical references in it, but they seem to have gone over my head....

Originally posted by Funky Dave

Umm... I may be showing my ignorance here, but- what the hell was going on in that film? If there was a point, besides showijng how many special effects you can get into a film, then please enlighten me. My mate says that there are a load of biblical references in it, but they seem to have gone over my head....

You need to see and like the other 2 films before seeing Revolutions. Also it helps to have seen the Animatrix film too.

Had you seen the first 2 films before Matrix Revolutions, Funky Dave? Cos if you didn't like Chri5 thinks, then I doubt Revolutions on its own would make ANY sense at all!

I've finally got round to seeing Revolutions and I liked it. It's much darker than the first 2 films and I thought it all came together in the end after Reloaded left lots of confusing questions. There was one bit which I wasn't sure about though...

Has anyone else seen it?

I thought it was pitiful. Truly diabolical. Although I wasn't expecting much after the second one.

I'm not sure I can even remember what happened at the end, I was that bored by the time the lights came up.

Blimey! I think they're a brilliant trilogy of films. Oh well.

Funky Dave, I didn't want to steal Foxxx's thunder with discussing what happened. I think she's intending on writing her thoughts when she gets chance. But I suppose that doesn't stop me writing what I think, but after discussing it with Foxxx I think we pretty much agree anyway!

I never got round to seeing the second one, which is why I didn't have a clue what was going on. Was there any sort of underlying meaning, or was it just a case of cramming in as many special effects as possible? And was it just me, or did Trinity's death scene go on for far too long?

It's no wonder you didn't know what was going on in Revolutions if you never saw Reloaded!

Some very significant things happened in Reloaded: Agent Smith became a "virus". This actually occured at the end of the 1st film when Neo "destroyed" him. Part of Neo's program overwrote Smith's so Smith wasn't actually destroyed, he became able to replicate himself: hence lots of Smiths.

The introduction of the character "The Architect" who wrote the matrix. (The white haired old guy who appeared at the end of Revolutions). There's a scene in Reloaded with the Architect and Neo which is very important to the meaning of the Matrix and how it is maintained and ultimately Neo's "purpose".

Smith also got into Zion by replicating over Bane (the dark haired psycho man who was also in a coma at the start of Revolutions. He was the one who attacked Trinity and Neo in the ship and blinded Neo).

There's other things too. You really needed to have seen Reloaded before Revolutions!

However, I did agree that Trinity's death scene was a bit drawn out, but still, it's a significant part of the film.

If you thought there was too many unnecessary special effects then you probably wouldn't have liked Reloaded anyway. I think there's more special effects in Reloaded than Revolutions.

There are biblical references in that Neo represents a person who dies to save others (the survivors in Zion), like Jesus (if you believe in the bible).

The oracle has the quote "Know thyself" in her apartment. Neo didn't "know" what his purpose was until Revolutions. Smith and Neo can't exist without each other. So ultimately with Neo letting Smith try to replicate his code over him at the end of Revolutions and hence destroying him, it also destroyed Smith. It was the only way Neo could stop him.

The first one was great, although I only saw it about three years after it was released, on DVD. Because of this, I'd already been told of all the storyline by listening to friends debating it etc., as well as having seen most of the scenes due to them being parodied in various places.

I saw the second one on DVD at the beginning of last week, and then the third one at the cinema the day after.

I liked the first one, and understood it. I didn't get all of the second one, but I managed to forgive myself for the ignorance of the storyline and enjoyed the action scenes - especially the amazing car chase.

But the third one, I had no clue about. The special effects were good, but I didn't understand what was going on in them. Especially by the end - the final fight scene was pretty useless. Many things just had to be taken for granted, like for example how Smith can suddenly fly late on. But towards the end, one of the characters remarks "What's happening?" and I could genuinely sympathise with him. I had absolutely no idea what the hell was going on, and to be honest I'd gone past the point of caring.

Originally posted by Moonolt

Many things just had to be taken for granted, like for example how Smith can suddenly fly late on

Because once the minds are freed and they are aware of the Matrix then they can break all the conventional "rules" when they are in the Matrix.

Remember how Morpheus trained Neo in the first film to free his mind into believing that he could do anything in the Matrix? Well it's the same thing for Smith. If he believes he can fly then he can because there are no "rules".

Has anyone else seen the film and actually enjoyed it?!

I watched half the first, and I had no idea what was going on. I was not aware of any religious references when I watched it...my attention span must have fizzled out. That's not to say religious references were not in the film, as outlined in these websites:

http://www.raidersnewsupdate.com/matrixnew.htm

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0503/matrixreloaded.html

...Hollywood likes to mess with our minds :loopy:

The landover baptist site is hilarious! Check out the evil Matrix poster!:D :D :D :D :confused::loopy: :loopy: