Kickboxing in Sheffield - Info/chat

Just wondering if anyone knows any good places that do kick boxing as I keep looking but can't seen to find any!!!

Is it Kick or Thai or are you not fussed?

Thai Boxing at Effingham Road Thai Gym is THE place

andyb

I've been going to that Thai gym for a few weeks now and it's well good.

AFK - Ali Freesytlye Kickboxing @ Hallam Uni.. At the Campus nr the Pizza hut on eccasall road.. Contact me or Farad on either: 07855905186 / 07775914155

Alternatively, contact the Uni, and they will put you in contact with us. It's usually Tues/Thursdays and Sundays.

Do you have 2 be a student at the Uni?? I only live up the road from it so it would be really handy 4 me 2 go there!!

there are quite a few kick boxing classes in sheffield there is one at the 393 boys club run by adrian abdulla who is also 2nd dan in lou gar kung fu, they have interclubs and some of the students go into nationals,

from my experiences in muay thai, (wicker camp) depending on what kind of martial art you want it to be, they rota the teachers so although in one respect it's good that you are being taught by all these different people for me it felt like there was no grounding, one person would show you one thing and the other person would show you the other, then you get into the oh i like it when this teacher takes the class so when they dont, your mind isnt in it, plus theres alot of ego that i found in the b ranks, oh your a b1 well im a b2 so dont be starting with me, lol, because it makes all the difference,

i found chris and dannys classes the best, hard pushing you it was good.

thats just what i found, hope this helps

I find the atmosphere at Wicker Camp pretty friendly, but I guess it depends on the people currently attending at the time.

Not had all the instructors yet but reckon Trix is the best so far. You can do private lessons for not much more than the standard ones where you can pick which instructor you want.

Blades, nope, don't have to be a student, as i aint, but went last night... Just give either of us a bell, and we'll give you info when we train.. Usually, Tuesdays/Thurs/Sundays... Yet at the moment, we're just starting up again, due to we have a 2week break over the festive period, so thurs class's aint on for a couple of weeks.

This is for kickboxing.. Anyone suggest any training methods of fitness? I stretch out for 20mins when i get up, and before i go to bed, i go running once everyday two nights, running as in sprinting short bursts, then walking, then sprinting etc, do lots of chinups, pushups, sit ups etc. I would like to do more bag work, but ive got a kickbag, but not really anywhere to put it in my place.

I dont do weight training, so don't really want any advise on that, thanks though. I do all the above quite alot, also more flexability training, just stretching out, anyone got any other suggestions, including diets etc.. Anything and everything would be highly appreciated!

hey, yeh just a couple of things, i dont know if you do but make sure your do a proper cool down that includes stretching otherwise the tendons will get smaller and nottier, also do any vigerous muscle gain/toning such as your pressups and chin-ups every other day as doing so every day will again reduce flexibility and muslce gain/toning. the only thing diet-wise that i can think of is regulaer good old cod liver oil , you should start noticing the difference from them in a month or so , as for the previously mentioned things, a week maybe two max before you notice the difference

Cheers matey! Taken all on board.

I used to just kick fresh air moving up and down the room in lines listening to music doing the same thing i think the key is repetition gook luck adam