View Full Version : Family at xmas ...

charlie9865
26-12-2008, 10:43
So has anyone else endured family rows and annoying arguments or had there xmas ruined by family???. I have yes this is a rant but im mad,and still need to vent. Spent my xmas evening being sent vile mouthed texts off my brother in law calling my kids names and me. All because we never sent a xmas card to him, to be honest we didnt send anyone a card.We don't see or hear off him ever and the first time we do its to recieve abuse. Well im done with family , i have never been so hurt in my life. So my xmas was naff all because of one nasty vile mouthed person x

*Peaches*
26-12-2008, 11:07
I don't do cards either, I'd rather donate money to charity.

Let him cool off and explain you haven't sent any to anyone, maybe he was upset by something else too?

I hope you manage to sort it out x

The Watcher
26-12-2008, 11:11
So has anyone else endured family rows and annoying arguments or had there xmas ruined by family???. I have yes this is a rant but im mad,and still need to vent. Spent my xmas evening being sent vile mouthed texts off my brother in law calling my kids names and me. All because we never sent a xmas card to him, to be honest we didnt send anyone a card.We don't see or hear off him ever and the first time we do its to recieve abuse. Well im done with family , i have never been so hurt in my life. So my xmas was naff all because of one nasty vile mouthed person x

You tight sod, im not supprised you got angry txt's sent to you...:hihi:
Only joking, family can be more trouble than they are worth and we dont do the card thing much. I hate it when they drag the kids in too, very adult of them. Sounds to me like you're better off without them if this is how they behave.

bellis
26-12-2008, 11:21
for the last few years ive not botherd to send cards its a waste of money

Dave650
26-12-2008, 11:27

Well it's not your loss is it?! Ignore, spend time with your family (the ones you want to see) and enjoy the break. We didn't do cards this year (death in the family) but I'm sure there'll be someone somewhere who still takes offence to it.

stella_fan26
26-12-2008, 12:44
I dont send xmas cards, I donate money to the neo natel unit at the maternity wing instead.

Saffy
26-12-2008, 13:12
Well .. I send a few cards, but I have to say, I bought one pack last year and I still have lots left ... credit crunch and all that ...

I think Christmas Day is fraught with emotion ... the anticipation .. the hard work ... and one drink makes you feel like you've had three ... Boxing Day is a lot more relaxed and a bit wider spread, family wise.

Enjoy!

charlie9865
26-12-2008, 13:55
You tight sod, im not supprised you got angry txt's sent to you...:hihi:
Only joking, family can be more trouble than they are worth and we dont do the card thing much. I hate it when they drag the kids in too, very adult of them. Sounds to me like you're better off without them if this is how they behave.

I know thats why im mad ,say what they want about me but to say things about my poor kids that can't defend themselves thats sad. I know it was not just about the christmas card not that he will admitt it. His partner had there baby a few week ago and to be honest we aint gone to see her or sent a card. Because he didnt bother when we had our daughter not a card or anything. Only time he phoned was when my daughter was 6 week old asking for a computer fixing. I went mad cos he phoned for that but had not biother asking how our daughter was or anything. He did come to see her only with his computer under his arm to be fixed. His a very selfuish man that only bothers when it is to benefit himself. Thats why we dont have anything to do with him and i think this is why he was ticked off. But saying goes what comes around goes around.He would fleece his own family if it ment he was ok. Some ppl they shock me

platypus
26-12-2008, 14:31
I often send cards to everyone in my family and my friends. It is enjoyable! This's the best way to they know ou love them.;););)So, happy new year to everyone!

ALZYMER
26-12-2008, 14:48
I'd set up your email so that any future messages from him to go straight into spam.

andipep
26-12-2008, 15:55

Your brother in law could be related to me.I had mybrother in law at MY house spouting off.had to sling him out,oh and child in house you know,.Anyway to cut a long story short they should make it law that you have to pass a mental stabillity test before being served alcohol.:rant:
rant over
HAPPY NEW YEAR.:partyhat::partyhat::thumbsup:

medusa
26-12-2008, 16:22
I'm really glad that our family isn't so stressful! I wouldn't have anything to do with them if they were as nasty as your brother in law charlie9865.

charlie9865
26-12-2008, 16:45
Your brother in law could be related to me.I had mybrother in law at MY house spouting off.had to sling him out,oh and child in house you know,.Anyway to cut a long story short they should make it law that you have to pass a mental stabillity test before being served alcohol.:rant:
rant over
HAPPY NEW YEAR.:partyhat::partyhat::thumbsup:

happy new yr .and yes i agree with u,is ur brother in law called jason then. Cos at it goes my brother in law was drunk to x x x

andipep
26-12-2008, 20:00
happy new yr .and yes i agree with u,is ur brother in law called jason then. Cos at it goes my brother in law was drunk to x x x

No charlie mines' called andy so there's obviously at least 2 d..kheads walking around out there..x.

nosy nellie
26-12-2008, 21:03
I had a lovely happy family Christmas day,slightly hectic at times but what Christmas Day isn't.
Today (Boxing Day) I have spent relaxing at home alone and I have enjoyed that too.
Contented.:D:bigsmile::partyhat:

bizzle
26-12-2008, 23:36
I had a lovely christmas with my family even my pa was not so grumpy this year.

Sorry to hear your christmas did not go as planned it is hurtful & upsetting when arguements happens especially at this time of the year when families should be together in peace.

KTHFB
26-12-2008, 23:42
I didn't send any cards this year and I had a very nice Christmas day at home, doing absolutely sod all, watched Harry Potter then went out with friends at night. Fantastic! I'd suggest it to anyone - especially if my family were as bad as yours Charlie9865