Sleep or lack of it

does anyone else suffer with lack of sleep like me its a proper pain in the axxe

im getting about 2 hours a night then once i wake up i have to get up.ive tried zoppiclone but still the same happens 2 hours and wide awake.

Im exactly the same and after a while it can really get you down, Im at work now after having a lovely 3 hours!

I can't recommend anything so if anyone can i would really appreciate it!

Ive been like this for years. Tricyclic anti-depressants have the good side effect of making me sleepy so I take it at night. These work better than a short course of Temazepam.

The best over the counter variety are the ones containing the sedating antihistamine Diphenhydramine.

Hope this helps.

Not being able to sleep is awful it's so frustrating! Whenever i get bouts of insomnia i move my bed to the opposite side of the room. Always works for me so worth i try i spose

Yeh its really annoying. I woke up at 2.30 this morning (its Christmas Day) and Im still messing around on the computer at 4.00 am. Its really maddening because i am wide awake and I know im going to be really knackred later! think i might open just one prezzie........................

No matter what time I go to bed, I always wake up about 4ish then I can't get back to sleep and have to get up. Reckon it must be stress because I didn't used to be like this.

I read somewhere that if you wake up and can't get back to sleep you should move to another room to see if that works and if after 20 mins you are still awake, get up and just sit in a dark room untill you feel tired. Doesn't work for me though. They say the worse thing to do is read or go on the internet because this makes you brain active, but I find doing these things takes my mind of it and makes me sleepy.

I'll be knackered in a bit and will go back to bed but then I'll not want to get up later.

Mooooose! and thats all I have to say on the subject!

i suffer from really bad nightmares when i do eventually manage to drop off, which is usually after about three hours of tossing and turning, and generally wake up with a headache every morning aswell as i havent rested well. its crap.

I really feel for everyone who can't sleep- I value my sleep and actively enjoy it so I know that I'd really have issues with not getting enough.

My (glib) answer is to get a disease which has chronic pain as a side effect, then you'll be prescribed plenty of things which make you sleep. I'm currently on 12 hours a day, but it's more like temporary coma than a proper sleep IFKWIM.

Personally I recommend Yoga, or something similar which teaches relaxation.